• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Grand 2022 Wollongong UCI Road World Championships Thread, September 18th-25th

Page 87 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I get surprised everytime they do things like this. You have a group of 5 who are aiming for silver and bronze. And yet they *** it up by stopping completely instead of just keeping some pace.
Probably no radios, but I'm sure they knew and could see the guys coming from behind. That was just stupid in every way.
Sucks for Rota, who had almost dropped the others on the final climb.
Looks like Bettiol had great legs, in hinsight not having him or Trentin in the group when Remco attacked was a mistake, but other than that Italy raced decent.

Italy and France just put their weakest riders up there and were satisfied because they were "covered" and "had numbers". Yeah, congrats with that, what good is it gonna do you?
Italy, okay, youre not the favorite, but still could have better riders up there. I think the same goes for Denmark. France yes, I liked how they raced for the most part, but all of the moves they made they didn't once bring one of their 3 best riders which is kinda odd.

Rick: And thank god for that honestly. I don't think this was a bad race, it was super tactical due to a lot of different factors. Next year will hopefully be a lot more 'pure'

Reactions: tobydawq
Pogacar wasn't on a great day it seemed, Mathieu out, Alaf not 100% still etc etc. Ended up a bit anticlimactic, we needed some more quality riders today
End of the season, some riders are already dead and that was the reason some decided not to compete..........you saw the same thing in the Vuelta when teams were letting Carapaz go in breaks on mountain stages. They were basically giving stages away. It worked out perfectly for Belgium but you would think that Remco is going to be marked much closer in the future.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: noob and Big Doopie
End of the season, some riders are already dead and that was the reason some decided not to compete..........you saw the same thing in the Vuelta when teams were letting Carapaz go in breaks on mountain stages. They were basically giving stages away. It worked out perfectly for Belgium but you would think that Remco is going to be marked much closer in the future.

I would have thought he would have been a marked man two years ago.

Reactions: Riek s
Italy, okay, youre not the favorite, but still could have better riders up there. I think the same goes for Denmark. France yes, I liked how they raced for the most part, but all of the moves they made they didn't once bring one of their 3 best riders which is kinda odd.

Rick: And thank god for that honestly. I don't think this was a bad race, it was super tactical due to a lot of different factors. Next year will hopefully be a lot more 'pure'
Yeah, either Bettiol or Bagioli probably should have been in that group. In the end Rota did what he could, but that wasn't enough.

Reactions: Lui98

TRENDING THREADS