• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Olympic Individual TT 2016. Rio de Janeiro. 54,6km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the Olympic gold in the men's individual time trial in Rio 2016?

• Fabian Cancellara

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • Jonathan Castroviejo

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Rohan Dennis

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Tom Dumoulin

Votes: 50 32.5%
  • Chris Froome

Votes: 33 21.4%
  • Ion Izagirre

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Vasil Kiryienka

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Tony Martin

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Nelson Oliveira

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Primoz Roglic

Votes: 9 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Battle for gold: Dumolin vs Froome
Battle for silver and bronze: Dennis, Izagirre, Kiryenka, Roglic and Nelson Oliveira

That's my bet! Dont expect to see Cancellara and T. Martin making a great result...

Re:

Sykes said:
Battle for gold: Dumolin vs Froome
Battle for silver and bronze: Dennis, Izagirre, Kiryenka, Roglic and Nelson Oliveira

That's my bet! Dont expect to see Cancellara and T. Martin making a great result...

If Dumolin and Froome fight for the gold the one who lose will take the silver. As a result all the others have to settle for bronze, aren't they?

Starting at 15:00 CEST, Froome to start at 16:40:30 CEST.

10:00:00 37 CRAVEN Dan
10:01:30 36 REGUIGUI Youcef
10:03:00 35 ORKEN Ahmet
10:04:30 34 MIZBANI IRANAGH Ghader
10:06:00 33 LAHSAINI Mouhssine
10:07:30 32 MONSALVE Yonathan
10:09:00 31 KOCHETKOV Pavel
10:10:30 30 SEPULVEDA Eduardo
10:12:00 29 JUUL JENSEN Christopher
10:13:30 28 PREIDLER Georg
10:15:00 27 VUILLERMOZ Alexis
10:16:30 26 GRIVKO Andriy
10:18:00 25 GESCHKE Simon
10:19:30 24 BOOKWALTER Brent
10:21:00 23 ZEITS Andrey
10:22:30 22 CARUSO Damiano
10:24:00 21 KONIG Leopold
10:25:30 20 KWIATKOWSKI Michal
10:27:00 19 WELLENS Tim

11:15:00 18 BOASSON HAGEN Edvald
11:16:30 17 HOULE Hugo
11:18:00 16 THOMAS Geraint
11:19:30 15 ALAPHILIPPE Julian
11:21:00 14 ROGLIC Primoz
11:22:30 13 CASTROVIEJO NICOLAS Jonathan
11:24:00 12 SIUTSOU Kanstantsin
11:25:30 11 BODNAR Maciej
11:27:00 10 BARTA Jan
11:28:30 9 OLIVEIRA Nelson
11:30:00 8 DENNIS Rohan
11:31:30 7 IZAGUIRRE INSAUSTI Jon
11:33:00 6 PHINNEY Taylor
11:34:30 5 CANCELLARA Fabian
11:36:00 4 MARTIN Tony
11:37:30 3 KIRYIENKA Vasil
11:39:00 2 DUMOULIN Tom
11:40:30 1 FROOME Christopher

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Re:

GenericBoonenFan said:
Right so I hope Roglic wins because then 7 of my friends have to jump in a nearby river with a tutu and a viking helmet.
If he finishes outside the top 15 I have to eat some fish that's 2 years expired.
So... VAMOS ROGLA!!

Ah, Belgium, the only country in the world where you'll find seven people prepared to jump in a river for a time trial.

Re: Re:

Cannibal72 said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Right so I hope Roglic wins because then 7 of my friends have to jump in a nearby river with a tutu and a viking helmet.
If he finishes outside the top 15 I have to eat some fish that's 2 years expired.
So... VAMOS ROGLA!!

Ah, Belgium, the only country in the world where you'll find seven people prepared to jump in a river for a time trial.

In all fairness it were 7 drunk people

Re:

Aurelio said:
What about Rohan Dennis? He is a good TT rider and can climb, but a lot of people don´t think that he can win.

Dennis is really good in peaking toward a goal so I voted for him. Most of all because I don't think Dumoulin will perform 100%. 2 days ago he said he still couldn't pull with his broken elbow hand.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site

GenericBoonenFan said:
Cannibal72 said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
So... VAMOS ROGLA!!

Wait, what? You mean you guys came up with the Viking helmet while intoxicated? Honestly, it seemed such a rational thing to add in that I thought you were all sober... :D

Re:

JetSet said:
BBC have just reported that Geraint Thomas has been handed a place in The TT

Pete

Interesting that, while he wasn't his best during the tour, Thomas is clearly in really good shape judging by his London/ORR performances, long shot at a medal if his injuries aren't bad, but still a shot.

It's a shame they didn't know this way in advance really, would've been interesting to see the hour record holder on the road one last time, i'm sure he would've jumped at the opportunity to have a crack at Froome given he is in Rio anyway.

GenericBoonenFan said:
Cannibal72 said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
So... VAMOS ROGLA!!

I think we were talking earlier about good and bad reasons to cheer for a rider. Gotta admit 7 drunk people jumping into a river with in a tutu and viking helmet is the best reason I've heard in a very long time. We'll all be waiting for photographic evidence of the act in case Roglic wins

GenericBoonenFan said:
Cannibal72 said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
So... VAMOS ROGLA!!

I think we were talking earlier about good and bad reasons to cheer for a rider. Gotta admit 7 drunk people jumping into a river with in a tutu and viking helmet is the best reason I've heard in a very long time. We'll all be waiting for photographic evidence of the act in case Roglic wins

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

TomLPC said:
JetSet said:

Pete

Interesting that, while he wasn't his best during the tour, Thomas is clearly in really good shape judging by his London/ORR performances, long shot at a medal if his injuries aren't bad, but still a shot.

It's a shame they didn't know this way in advance really, would've been interesting to see the hour record holder on the road one last time, i'm sure he would've jumped at the opportunity to have a crack at Froome given he is in Rio anyway.
Not gonna lie, that would have been cool.
My head says Major Tom if he's recovered (otherwise Ion), my heart Phinney.

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I read through this thread real quick, and noone mention the downhills anything as I could see..

What's up with those? If the descents are the same as in RR after ascents, then some contenders should be excluded altogether - like Martin especially. I always liked Martin, but he became bit of a pussy lately.

If Dumolain is hindered by wrist - Froome.
If not, Dumolain, by a good margin.

Or, is there one crazy guy downhill at TT-bikes who can just kill it by that (No idea, Ion, Cancellara maybe?).

Really, I wonder if the downhills can be a big factor here as in RR?

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Thepirateisgood said:
I read through this thread real quick, and noone mention the downhills anything as I could see..

What's up with those? If the descents are the same as in RR after ascents, then some contenders should be excluded altogether - like Martin especially. I always liked Martin, but he became bit of a pussy lately.

If Dumolain is hindered by wrist - Froome.
If not, Dumolain, by a good margin.

Or, is there one crazy guy downhill at TT-bikes who can just kill it by that (No idea, Ion, Cancellara maybe?).

Really, I wonder if the downhills can be a big factor here as in RR?

If it's raining, he'll...can you neutralise a TT?

TomLPC said:
JetSet said:

Pete

Even if allowed to race I doubt Wiggins would ruin 2 years of track prep to ride in a long TT 24 hours before the team pursuit starts.

Pricey_sky said:
TomLPC said:
JetSet said:

Pete

Even if allowed to race I doubt Wiggins would ruin 2 years of track prep to ride in a long TT 24 hours before the team pursuit starts.

Exactly, no way would he jeopardise his almost certain medal for the ITT

TRENDING THREADS