• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Real Football Thread

Page 119 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
grabs-from-the-new-trailer-for-latest-james-bond-film-called-spectre.jpg

Mourinho

Jose-Mourinho-chelsea.jpg

Waltz / Blofeld

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
He has a huge job on his hands. They were terrible once again against Spurs. The first thing he should do is drop Agbonlahor. Eight touches in the first half and his goal record in recent years is pathetic. He's just coasting through his career. In fairness to McDonald, he took him off at half-time.

Dele Alli is the real deal as a player. Other big clubs in England will regret not taking a chance on him.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
Athletic Club starting to string together results... had been starting to get a bit worried given how excellent the Supercopa games were, but how sluggish the La Liga games had been.

I watched this game. Inaki Williams is a good prospect, but Aduriz is just getting better and better with age. All round great striker.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Well, well, well.....

The French international footballer Karim Benzema has been taken into police custody as part of an inquiry into an alleged plot to blackmail a fellow international over a sex tape.

Detectives detained the Real Madrid striker for questioning a fortnight after the former France and Liverpool striker Djibril Cissé was interviewed and released as part of the same investigation.

Benzema, 27, was summoned to the police station at Versailles shortly before 9am on Wednesday morning. Afterwards the public prosecutor’s office would only confirm that he was being held for questioning.

The affair centres on the alleged attempted blackmail of an international midfielder with what the French news agency AFP said was a sex tape recorded on a mobile phone.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/04/karim-benzema-arrested-sex-tape-blackmail

Re:

Amsterhammer said:
Bayern look head and shoulders the best side in Europe.

Typical Arsenal, they get a 2-0 win against Bayern 2 weeks ago and you think they can start to compete against the best but then capitulate tonight. Of course in fairness Bayern were just too good.
I have a feeling the champions league will be between Bayern and Real Madrid this year, defensively Real have been superb so far in all competitions and that has been their weakness in recent years. Only 4 goals conceded in around 15 games.

Re: Re:

Pricey_sky said:
Amsterhammer said:
Bayern look head and shoulders the best side in Europe.

Typical Arsenal, they get a 2-0 win against Bayern 2 weeks ago and you think they can start to compete against the best but then capitulate tonight. Of course in fairness Bayern were just too good.
I have a feeling the champions league will be between Bayern and Real Madrid this year, defensively Real have been superb so far in all competitions and that has been their weakness in recent years. Only 4 goals conceded in around 15 games.

For Real the problems might come, when all their stars get healthy. Then Benitez will have to compromise the current defensive solidity, as Perez won't let him keep the big stars on the bench. That's just the way Real Madrid works under Florentino Perez.

For Arsenal, they lost the match before it had even started. They came out showing no ambition, happy to sit back and hope for counterattack giving an impression of a team not believing they can get anything from the game. Injuries hampered them of course, but their mindset seemed wrong from the start.

Sadly for neutrals, Willian obviously hasn't read the script and keeps giving Chelsea hope. They got almost ridiculously lucky, when groups were drawn. The way they are playing, in any other group they would be out of contention already.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Real's defensive record has been largely down to Navas' exceptional form. That being said, I do agree that they along with Bayern are the best sides in Europe and with push come to shove I would go with Bayern as the winners.

No issue with the defeat last night, Bayern are a level above us but this was a clear reality check for Arsenal and Wenger and where they stand in Europe against the elite sides. I couldn't believe Phil Thompson say he has some sympathy for Wenger with injuries to Koscielny and Bellerin at the back. Debuchy and Gabriel came in and who between them costed £23m. Staggering how Wenger thought the one signing of Cech could close the gap considerably and especially when this exact side finished behind an inconsistent City team and barely ahead of a United team in transition under Van Gaal last season.

It's poor judgement call one after the other with his dithering and lack of action in the transfer market and why Arsenal will never get close to challenging for this competition under Wenger's watch. I'm counting down the days until the summer of 2017 and hopefully new management.

Only a matter of time before this side gets found out once again domestically in The Premiership. Yet Wenger can continue as he likes as other managers get the heat.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
This will be a long two weeks for Mourinho with the international break.

Hopefully now the sack and The Premiership is rid of him for good.

The Guardian was positive about Jordy Clasie. One of my favourites at Feyenoord, unfortunately he was quickly injured after arriving at Southampton. He's not a typical PL player, lacking the physical qualities most players have in England. He compensates this with positioning, passing and vision. He made the right decision to go to Koeman, who gives him a lot of confidence. Just came back from an injury and already in the starting 11 the last couple of matches.

Haven't seen him play much, prevented by this Saturday 4 pm regulation (England: 3 pm). I hope he'll do well!

And tomorrow the second Feyenoord-Ajax in 10 days. The guys managed to lose to ADO Den Haag, so unfortunately we have to win in order to make up for the three points lost last week. Bookies have Feyenoord as the favourite, I'd be surprised though if we manage to win again. I predict an equalizer or small win of Ajax.

1.) I would be very happy if Arnautovic is the one who ends Mourinho's Chelsea career with his goal :D

2.) About the puskas award nominees. The goals this year are extremely good, better than in most years, with a lot of variation. However I really don't understand how the hell Erik Lamela's goal isnt nominated. For me thats without any doubt the goal of the year. Ofc only my opinion but how often do you see a goal like this
edit: and I also miss Ramsey's goal.