• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Real Football Thread

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Have to say that Racing are one of the dullest teams to watch out there, and Toño got lucky a couple of times in the first half. Ultimately though, they defended well and were value for their point. Athletic once again looked a bit toothless without Llorente, it wasn't one of Muniain's best games, and Toquero worked hard, but seemed to be behaving as if he still had Llorente next to him, going wide and collecting the ball but not having the right people to aim for in the middle. It isn't even that Llorente needs to be playing well, it's the space for others created by him dragging defenders all over the pitch because they can't give him space. Too many points dropped in games like this for my liking.

Libertine Seguros said:
Have to say that Racing are one of the dullest teams to watch out there, and Toño got lucky a couple of times in the first half. Ultimately though, they defended well and were value for their point. Athletic once again looked a bit toothless without Llorente, it wasn't one of Muniain's best games, and Toquero worked hard, but seemed to be behaving as if he still had Llorente next to him, going wide and collecting the ball but not having the right people to aim for in the middle. It isn't even that Llorente needs to be playing well, it's the space for others created by him dragging defenders all over the pitch because they can't give him space. Too many points dropped in games like this for my liking.

is lorente leaving soon?

Zam_Olyas said:
is lorente leaving soon?

Athletic have put a huge price tag on his head, because they obviously don't want him going anywhere soon, but teams have most definitely been inquiring. It's not like he can be easily replaced either. I mean, what options are there? Íñigo Díaz is still out on loan, and I don't see him as the answer. The team obviously highly rate Ibai Gómez, but he's not really ready yet. They could try to poach Agirretxe from Real, but he's not exactly a consistent goalscorer. The same goes for **** at Osasuna. Maybe Aduriz at Valencia is the only realistic option, but he's been at the team as a support striker before and doesn't have the best goalscoring record either.

Libertine Seguros said:
Athletic have put a huge price tag on his head, because they &obviously don't want him going anywhere soon, but teams have most definitely been inquiring. It's not like he can be easily replaced either. I mean, what options are there? Íñigo Díaz is still out on loan, and I don't see him as the answer. The team obviously highly rate Ibai Gómez, but he's not really ready yet. They could try to poach Agirretxe from Real, but he's not exactly a consistent goalscorer. The same goes for **** at Osasuna. Maybe Aduriz at Valencia is the only realistic option, but he's been at the team as a support striker before and doesn't have the best goalscoring record either.

A guy i know keeps telling me that arsenal are gonna take him...after urzaiz comes lorente, i wonder if there are more big and good striker?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
How many F1 fans turned off in frustration during the Michael Schumacher domination era? I know I did. Domination is boring. I don't care if these guys play really nice football, we don't need a month's buildup to something that happens at least twice a year, and we don't need it being treated as if no other match in the world is important. And if we treat it like it's the only important game it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, especially as the league turns more and more into a two-horse race.

You could argue that we were watching the best in the World Cup final, and that was boring as sin. In fact, the last entertaining World Cup final probably took place before I was born. But when it only happens once every four years, it's a big occasion. This happens twice a year, and I'm bored of it being given the same sense of occasion.

On the occasions when I actually watch these two teams playing, I almost invariably root against them. I'm fed up of them, bored of them being stuffed down my throat. And to be honest, often when I do watch them, I end up switching off before full time because it's boring. The best Barcelona games this season have been the one on the waterlogged pitch at Bilbao with the last minute equaliser, and them losing to Gijón and going ballistic hitting the woodwork in injury time. A close match between poor teams is always better than a walkover for a brilliant team, and it's always been better when they're out of their comfort zone that they've been entertaining.

El Clásico... It's hardly River Plate vs. Boca Juniors, is it?

I thought Barcelona's game at Getafe was entertaining, Getafe 'keeper Moya made some great saves at the end to get the vital 3 points for his side.

Secondly, 'Getafe' is correctly pronounced with more of a 'H' which is to sound like 'Hetafe', right?

Mancini get what he deserves. Subs: Kolo Toure and Nigel de Jong for Aguero and Silva :eek: playing with five defenders and three defensive midfielders. And then Lescott decides to use his hand and give Chelsea a penalty.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
di natale scores for udinese to make it 1-1 v celtic at half time... very funny from the celtic comentator he was complaining about udinese goal being lucky :S if you have seen celtics goal you would understand how biased he is...

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
palmerq said:
di natale scores for udinese to make it 1-1 v celtic at half time... very funny from the celtic comentator he was complaining about udinese goal being lucky :S if you have seen celtics goal you would understand how biased he is...

My roomie is Celtic - I've been listening to him shouting and swearing from the living room.:D

But more importantly, let's all laugh at Tottenham, la, la, la......:p

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
My roomie is Celtic - I've been listening to him shouting and swearing from the living room.:D

But more importantly, let's all laugh at Tottenham, la, la, la......:p

mon the udinese :S

are tottenham out? i saw they won 4-0

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Tottenham are out because they CBF with the Europa League and want to continue with their dreams of getting back into the Champions League.