• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Real Football Thread

Page 57 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
gooner said:
Reading the Hillsborough inquiry, it is the shocking the level of cover up that happenned at the time. This does'nt look well on Thatcher who I actually think is a disgrace in all this along with the police. The families fought a tough and long campaign to get justice done and expose all this.

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/2557...-police-politicians-and-officials-implicated-

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...aled-by-Hillsborough-Independent-Panel-report

Thatcher in covering up and lying to public shock?:eek:

Who would have thought?:rolleyes:

There are not many people on this planet on whom I wish really bad things, but this ***** is very close to the top of my list.:mad:

Espanyol 3 - 3 Athletic Club.

I missed the first half watching the worlds TTT, but the second half started with Athletic 2-0 down and was a really, really exciting game of football. Both teams deserve a point. Athletic fought their way back into it, but with ten minutes to go got caught on the counterattack by Longo, who promptly got himself sent off for a second yellow for excessive celebration (hahahaha)... and two minutes later a stupendous volleyed goal from Aritz Aduriz levelled things. Good to see Llorente playing and scoring for Athletic after all that's gone on too.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
So what do people think of Kagawa at ManU so far. I have not seen any games but saw that he has often been starting and has scored and helped to score. How have his performances been rated in the English press?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I simply have to report that West Ham tonight played some of the best football I have seen from them in many years. There was quality, confidence, skill, and an evident desire to win. It was proper footie.:eek:

Seven Hammers in an Irish bar in Amsterdam were amazed. And happy. And loud.:D

Carroll came on for the last 20 minutes and was immediately dangerous. Hodgson was there for a reason, obviously.;)

gooner said:
West Ham played well tonight. It looks like the public lashing that Allardyce gave the players after the defeat to Wigan in the Carling Cup worked and it got the desired response from the players.

BTW yee are playing us on Saturday and I actually think West Ham won't lose the game. Reid will probably be out but I don't think Tomkins and Collins will be actually losing sleep at the prospect of facing Giroud and Gervinho. Like I said above Arsenal have no top class striker and that will cost them a lot of points this season particularly away from home. The team has too much mediocrity and it is a club going nowhere with regards to trophies. Diame and Noble will get in amongst the Arsenal midfield and disrupt their rhythm and I can see it being a difficult for them. Arsenal will always try to play through the middle and have no width and Allardyce will know how to set up against them. Watch Allardyce target the keeper Mannone(who is terrible) from set pieces. He always done this in the past against us when he was at Bolton and Blackburn when Arsenal had rubbish keepers playing like Almunia and Fabianski.
So big Sam wont be ****ting himself like he was before the play-off final :D

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I'd settle for a draw right now, Gooner. :D .....although we have managed to surprise your lot on more than one occasion in the not too distant past.

Puyol's horrific fall on Tuesday looked like season over. Now, they're saying that he 'only' had a dislocated elbow (ouch!) and that he could be back in training in two months, which means that he could play again in January. Excellent news, if true. This weekend's makeshift pairing of Mascher and Busquets/Song are likely to have their hands full during the Classico.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
gooner said:
I may sound as if I am ranting but.......

Not at all, no...:D

A quick heads up for any football fans who may have missed tonight's Depor vs Barca game - try and find highlights on youtube or elsewhere - I won't give anything away though you're bound to see the score if you find highlights, I'll just say that this game had everything under the sun, and provided 101% entertainment all the way through...oh, and another Messi hattrick too. What a game!:cool:

gooner said:
Wenger time for you to pack your bags. This is one year too many for me.

Don't forget to take your rubbish signings with you as well(Giroud, Gervinho, Santos, Ramsey, Squillaci, Chamakh,). Your recent judgement in the transfer market is down the toilet and I would'nt trust you to spend 50 quid never mind the speculated 50m we are meant to have at disposal. There is this myth that Arsenal don't spend big. Don't believe it. In the last 3 summers they have spent close to £100m and the wage bill stands currently at a staggering £143m which beggars belief when you look at how much mediocrity is in the squad at present time.
I may sound as if I am ranting but this **** about Wenger having no accountability to all this, really gets under my skin. That performance today against a poor Norwich team was sickening. Gutless.

You are right but i still like Wenger, at the start of the year you seemed fine. Gervinho is ok, if he is motivated. You would also go better if you had kept even one of Fabregas, Nasri, Clichy or RVP.

the BIGGEST match

yesterday out in sunshine listening to the match on the radio overlooking the toon academy of sport looking across to st james park

mackems 1 toon 1

not a bad result but the toon shoulda won not for the 1st time tiote's crazy actions costs the team

but to concede an own goal right at the end......................

gooner ..............remember how lucky you are arsene continues to provide entertaining teams playing the game in a great spirit

i would be happier paying to see arsenal than man c

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
Gutted for Celtic. I'm not a Celtic fan, but I would have preferred seeing them lose 5-0 than lose like that to a scrappy, fluke goal. Iniesta's goal in the first half was amazing though (or at least, the build up with the one-two's was, the shot itself was also scrappy).

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Legendary European Football Institution 3 - 1 Overpaid, Overrated, Mercenary W ankers

Cost of the former's players on the field tonight < 3m

Cost of the latter's players on the field tonight > 350m (est)

:D :cool:

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
Hold up, what Man City are doing is nothing different to what Ajax, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Man United or anybody else recognised as a "Legendary European Football Institution" did. Every single club that is recognised as a big club relied at some point in their history on a massive cash injection.

You can't hate on City and then extol the virtues of a club that is no more 'moral' than them.