• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 880 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
Ahh, Swedish dance bands ... :D

We have those in Denmark too.

I wonder how many countries have those kinds of bands - or if it is a Scandinavian thing?

Crap bands of middle aged men wearing matching cartoonish outfits, while playing crap original music that all sounds like the same 80s ABBA song - but with moronic Danish texts - usually for a rural audience past the age of 50.

I think most countries have some variation of the dance band routine. Music for the elderly to sway around to ("some dance to remember, some dance to forget") and think they're teenagers again. The baby boomers shuffling along.
Outside of Scandinavia I'd guess it's most cover bands who turn up for weddings, working men's clubs etc.

Reactions: Boehmand
ljrfKsf.jpg

I thought it was "out of the pants". Which is fantastic.
Nowadays "broek" means pants (rather trousers, to be correct), but a long time ago it also had a totally different meaning, namely "marshy ground/swamp". Basically, the meaning of his name is the same as "Vandenbroucke", which isn´t an uncommon name in Flanders. The word has the same origin as the English "brook". Etymologically the two meanings of broek have nothing to do with each other, so I don´t know where the current meaning of broek came from.