• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Schleck Bros

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm guessing there could be financial reasons behind it as well. It's a well known fact that Riis has had trouble finding sponsors so the environment isn't exactly optimal for anyone wanting to build a solid supporting team for the Tour.

The question really is what happens with Saxo Bank if this turns out to happen.

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Frank and Andy Schleck are dull dull dull.Is anyone really inspired by these guy's.Can't TT very well not great on the flat's They can climb well though.A few years ago there was Pantani Ullrick Armstrong.Apart from Contador LA would have a very serious chance of winning the TdF.

Imagine LA 4 to 5 years ago,the Schleck brothers would not get any where near him.I don't think Andy has any chance of beating AC, and I think Mr Armstrong will finish above him.:)

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
blaxland said:
But isnt Evans targeting the Giro this year?....BMC may not get a TDF spot...............

that is so dead on. ding ding ding

Cadel strikes me as having delusions of grandeur

his career ends regaining his full sanity, and renouncing all chivalry at worlds. But, the melancholy remains, and grows worse. an organized mess alone in the crowd

Andy on the other hand can deliver the moxy. Call him a moxy-moron...at a fault he is guilty of controlled chaos

A

Anonymous

issoisso said:
The schleck brothers ditching Riis. Wow that's a huge surprise.....to anyone who has put less than half a second of thought into it.
It's been obvious for a LOOOONG time.

I'm surprised they're not going to Radioshack, though.

If that article is true, they want to associate themselves with Biver. The guy behind the doping at Astana in 2007. Again, only a surprise for Schleck fans.

Yes, very interesting. Frank who allegedly sent money to a certain doctor, and Biver ex boss of LIberty Seguros and associate of Rominger who was in turn involved with Vinokourov, Sinkewitz, Jaksche, Kloden and the whole astana team.. Along with Anderson who was done for doping. Its like a roll call of whos dirty in the sport.

Very dissapointed with Cancellaras involvement. Makes me wonder if some of the suspicions about him being too good to be true have a ring of truth behind them.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
Yes, very interesting. Frank who allegedly sent money to a certain doctor

Not allegedly. It's undisputable. The bank receipts are there. Frank's defense is that it was for "training advice".

Of course. It makes perfect sense that his very sudden rise from mediocre rider to top classics man in late 2005 just happened to coincide with him seeing a gynecologist for training advice.

I mean, who doesn't pay a gynecologist tens of thousands of dollars for training advice?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
Yes, very interesting. Frank who allegedly sent money to a certain doctor

Not allegedly. it's a fact. The bank receipts are there for all to see.

Frank's official excuse is that it was for "training advice".

Of course. It makes perfect sense that Frank's instantaneous overnight rise from mediocre rider to classics star in the autumn of 2005 just happened to coincide with him paying a gynecologist several thousands of dollars for training advice.

I mean, who doesn't see a gynecologist for training advice these days?

Clearly, Frank's training methods were clearly affecting his menstrual cycle, clearly leaving him clearly unable to perform at his best level. Fuentes used his gynecological expertise to fix that. Clearly.

vq4bbb.png

May 6, 2009
Visit site
So how come Frank was never suspended and was cleared? Does his family have a lot of friends in very high places in Luxembourg's legal system?

I'm not disputing what you have said FTR, I just find it odd that he is still not on a 'holiday' at this time being.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
The schleck brothers ditching Riis. Wow that's a huge surprise.....to anyone who has put less than half a second of thought into it.
It's been obvious for a LOOOONG time.

It's possible I just haven't put half a second of thought into it, but how has it been obvious? I've heard the speculation during the Tour, but nothing solid.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
So how come Frank was never suspended and was cleared? Does his family have a lot of friends in very high places in Luxembourg's legal system?

I'm not disputing what you have said FTR, I just find it odd that he is still not on a 'holiday' at this time being.

The court decided that even though it's well established he paid Fuentes, it's not been established what he paid Fuentes for :rolleyes:

zapata said:
I know, but he seems, what's the word? fragile? The kind of rider that might be third at the tour without trying, when in support of someone else, but would crack and finish 20th if he was the designated leader?

I don't know, this is just my impression of him, but I've got a feeling that if he was ever captain, he would find some way of losing time. Admittedly, this is my very subjective impression, but to me he really doesn't look like a Champion. Like Leipheimer; physical talent present, but not the psyche to win.

I'd be inclined to agree with this. He seems the more sensitive of the 2 brothers, more likely to crumble under the pressure. What is that stereotype about climbers, usually applied to "little climbers", as having fragile psychies (sp)? I think he's a bit of a worrier and his anxieties in the long run as team leader would get the best of him resulting in that one or two bad days that ruin his chances at overall victory. I personally wish him the best and would be rooting for him and/or Sastre at the Giro...unless Simoni somehow miraculously gets a start--not that he has a chance at winning or starting at this juncture.:D

mherm79 said:
you'd think so, but then again AC made some major gains in a season or two. think 07 and the time he lost to Cadel.

...but Contador has always shown talent and promise in the TT. He's honed and refined that ability over the years and continues to. Andy Schleck would have to make some serious quantum leaps to equal or surpass Contador. It would be suspicious to say the least.

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
I don't think he is kidding, I think he is crazy.

Then I am crazy,LA will be much stronger this year.His TT will be much stronger as will his climbing.Will AS be a much better cyclist in 2010?Yes he should be,he is young and should improve.Will he improve his TT,yes but I bet by not that much.

If Lance Armstrong is 80% the cyclist he was he will finish above AS.I honestly think he can do it.He also has a very strong behind him,and has vast experience.Plus he is fantastic in pressure situation's,something Andy Schleck has not proved yet.

But that's just my point of view,time will tell.:)