• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno-Adriatico 2019, March 13-19

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

jaylew said:
DNP-Old said:
Dennis in 2018: 11:14
Dennis in 2019: 11:32

Yeah, wind and such might be different, but this difference is too big to downplay. He is missing his BMC wondermachine.
The legs are what he's missing.
To be at the start wearing the TT world champion jersey gives me more responsibility and expectations.I think my conditions is quite good, I felt very confident during the TTT in Camaiore, I had a couple of rough days in the middle of this race but I think last year I was a little worse. In the last period, I had been training a bit more with my TT bike and I feel ready for a good race”.

Hardly.

Re: Re:

DNP-Old said:
jaylew said:
DNP-Old said:
Dennis in 2018: 11:14
Dennis in 2019: 11:32

Yeah, wind and such might be different, but this difference is too big to downplay. He is missing his BMC wondermachine.
The legs are what he's missing.
To be at the start wearing the TT world champion jersey gives me more responsibility and expectations.I think my conditions is quite good, I felt very confident during the TTT in Camaiore, I had a couple of rough days in the middle of this race but I think last year I was a little worse. In the last period, I had been training a bit more with my TT bike and I feel ready for a good race”.

Hardly.

:lol: The proof is in the pudding.

Scarponi said:
Was the BMC Timemachine the best TT bike in the peloton?
Easily (one of )the best. Specialized, Giant, Pinarello and Canyon are good too, and Cannondale and Scott seem to have made some improvements over the winter too.

Merida on the other hand is proven to be the opposite. Riders have seen quite the decline in ITT results once they signed with Bahrain.

DNP-Old said:
Scarponi said:
Easily (one of )the best. Specialized, Giant, Pinarello and Canyon are good too, and Cannondale and Scott seem to have made some improvements over the winter too.

Merida on the other hand is proven to be the opposite. Riders have seen quite the decline in ITT results once they signed with Bahrain.
apparently Dimension wasn't happy with Cervelo either. Let's see how Dumoulin will fare in his first ITT today.

search said:
DNP-Old said:
Scarponi said:

apparently Dimension wasn't happy with Cervelo either. Let's see how Dumoulin will fare in his first ITT today.
That's what I was curious about too, but they released a new one recently I think. Wonder how he'll fare.

Edit: here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij-od5Zwv2A. They have been using it since the Tirreno TTT.

search said:
DNP-Old said:
Scarponi said:

On the other hand, Sunweb was very unhappy with Giant as well. Especially the lack of updates and innovation.

TRENDING THREADS