• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Todays idiot masters fattie doper

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
veganrob said:
Well yeah, I wasn't talking about it being a PED. I was referring to recreational use as zigmeister was.
I haven't smoked pot in many years now but if I ever did try it again I most certainly would not ride my bike. :eek:

Don't any of you know mountain bikers? My personal observations is some of the fasted most skilled rider I know ride stoned on occasion. Frankly nothing about their riding would scare you other than how good they are.
It does not scare me so far.

Master50 said:
Don't any of you know mountain bikers? My personal observations is some of the fasted most skilled rider I know ride stoned on occasion. Frankly nothing about their riding would scare you other than how good they are.
It does not scare me so far.

You beat me to it. There's been a few downhillers I've known who are insanely good, and the weed just seems to relax them more. Different performance enhancement to be relaxed instead of hyped ...

zigmeister

I find it absolutely insane that most of the US now thinks marijuana should be a legalized drug and allowed for people 18yrs and older, but have some issue with a guy with a Testosterone level of 200ng/mL (that of an 80yr old man at age 40yr as an example) taking a prescribed/controlled manufactured FDA drug that is bio-identical, and then label that person as some kind of "doper"?

Sorry, rant over.

Good post. I do disagree with you about legalizing MJ. I find it unacceptable that people can acquire a criminal record for possessing and smoking dope. The key to getting the money out of MJ trafficking and all the ugly crime that comes from that is to legalize it.

That being said, MJ is just as bad or worse for your general health as cigarettes. There are a plethora of studies on this. MJ can in some circumstances alleviate the pain of some illnesses so prescribe it. If MJ is legalized my hunch is the "thrill" of breaking the law will be gone and it will simply exist in society on the same basis as cigarettes.

But anyone who smokes dope or uses cigarettes regularly are running the risk of really ruining their health.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Catwhoorg said:
Bruce Croall tested positive at the UCI Master's track meet in Manchester for a banned stimulant.

6 months only, as he showed the source to be supplement contamination.

so not a steak (but yet another great controls dodging cookbook recipe - prepare your contaminated supplement first, you stupido!)

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
doperhopper said:
so not a steak (but yet another great controls dodging cookbook recipe - prepare your contaminated supplement first, you stupido!)

If you're really good you could reseal some extra bottles to typify the finding. Seems like a lot of trouble for a Master but retirees have to do something with their abundant spare time.

Clever guy. This is a well known drug that many many sprinters have been busted for...Tyson Gay/Powell and the list goes on and on.

Good one...for a track guy to come up with this excuse...had this one in his back pocket for sure ready to go if busted.

I would think most cyclist/athletes have learned, and should know better by now (ignorance is no excuse theory) that many of these supplements, since typically are not controlled by the FDA, can have anything put in them, included bad stuff, prescription only drugs etc...

The makers of these products are unscrupulous and have no morals/ethics and don't care about people's health.

So, you should know better that some ridiculous supplement sold on the internet or local health store has a good chance of containing some type of banned substance.

The fact that USADA let him off so easily is pretty sad, when they themselves and WADA send warning out all the time about bogus supplements and how ignorance isn't an excuse....

The Scots apparently go along and practice what is preached...they laid a heavy ban on them.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Ford thinks fattie master doper are a new target market https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltKsVjL8WIg&feature=youtu.be

Has anyone looked into this ad at all?

It certainly doesn't seem like something Ford would spend much energy, time or money promoting. It comes across as some sort of contest:
"Enter your own self-produced Ford ad and maybe you'll get chosen to appear on a link somewhere on our homepage!"

Is that what this is? Because some of the hysteria on Twitter about this would seem to misplaced if that's the case. Why would Ford choose Leogrande anyway? Who-the-hell even knows of him in the real world?

I really couldn't care much either way, but all the dots don't seem to be connected as of yet.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Energy Starr said:
Im always amazed at the stuff you find and the angle you present the finds.

+1 RR. If I'd seen this cold, without warning I would certainly have choked. Could the marketing staff be any more clueless, though? I mean, the commercials have significant enough production cost to at least vet the actors somewhat.....Oh, maybe they did. That would be really heinous.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site