• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tony Martin Bandwagon thread

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Will Tony Martin reach a Top Ten overall finish at this year's Tour de France

• Hell No

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Swifty's Cakes said:
Paranoid fanboy.

19535074.jpg

Caruut said:
What the hell?!

No cycling fan, certainly not one that's ever ridden a bike, would ever want a rider to be sidelined because of a car crash.

Comically, this has never even been edited by the mods, even though they later decided that making bad jokes about fans delaying the peloton, was a banable offense (without warning, and its not in the rules either).

ingsve said:
I hope he crashes and breaks a few bones so he'll be out for a year or two.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
Tony has tested the Olympic TT course and he says he likes it a lot.
Not technical, wide roads, few corners, long straits.

Positiv überrascht vom Olympiakurs
http://www.tonymartin.de/

Tony to grill everyone:D

if both are healthy and mentally good, there's no way tony will beat canc without 3weaks of heavy racing before it, like at le tour. canc is simply much stronger on the flat, better handling, much more endurance and stamina.

i hate canc. he is my favorite rider but he could be some much better (palavers wise) if he had a decent brain.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
c&cfan said:
if both are healthy and mentally good, there's no way tony will beat canc without 3weaks of heavy racing before it, like at le tour. canc is simply much stronger on the flat, better handling, much more endurance and stamina.

i hate canc. he is my favorite rider but he could be some much better (palavers wise) if he had a decent brain.

We finally agree on something. :p

By the way, Tony had problems with his position yesterday. He had no grip on the saddle. This is due to the fact, that because of a rule change, Tony can't ride his usual saddle configuration anymore. He hasn't yet worked out a new optimal solution. But Tony says they work on it and will be ready till the Tour starts.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
By the way, Tony had problems with his position yesterday. He had no grip on the saddle. This is due to the fact, that because of a rule change, Tony can't ride his usual saddle configuration anymore. He hasn't yet worked out a new optimal solution. But Tony says they work on it and will be ready till the Tour starts.

These UCI "rules" are generally ****ing ridiculous.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:

That's odd, the only change in saddle position this year is giving more allowance on how level the saddle is (I think it's +/- 3.5 degrees now), so what has Tony had to change?

will10 said:
That's odd, the only change in saddle position this year is giving more allowance on how level the saddle is (I think it's +/- 3.5 degrees now), so what has Tony had to change?

Tony used sandpaper to to prepare the saddle for a better grip level. For some funny reason the UCI has banned this method of working on the saddle.
(AT least that's what German media wrote)

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
Tony used sandpaper to to prepare the saddle for a better grip level. For some funny reason the UCI has banned this method of working on the saddle.
(AT least that's what German media wrote)

Everyone is still using grip tape on saddles.