• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Too Late, Too Furious: Tokyo Drift - The 2020 Olympics Thread

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Anyone know a good time to be waking up? I.E before the climb at the end, current plan is 7.00 BST?
I’m thinking of not logging in anywhere else on the internet in case I see the result and get up at the usual time of 9pm and watch it on demand on GCN.
National team tactics always intrigue me so it’d be nice to watch it all.

I would be amazed if they got cancelled at this stage. The show must go on.

"Normally" the guys coming out of the Tour would have an advantage but with the short turnaround time + jet lag etc I'm not sure it's as clear cut as eg. leaving the Vuelta 10 days before a Worlds in Europe.

There's bound to be a few guys who've come out of the Tour "well" but just don't get it together at the weekend.

The interesting one for me is Rohan Dennis. It looked like he would be doing Tour + Olympics but instead he's just been training since Suisse. Not quite the same gap or reasons as the 2019 Tour (presumably!) but last time he kept his head down and went all-in on one event, he won the Worlds...

Van Aert saying Evenepoel needs to make sure he doesn't miss the break on Mikuni, implying Evenepoel has to ride his own race. If Van Aert manages to cling on until the top of Mikuni, a new race starts for him, and "a lot would be possible". But him getting over Mikuni together with the leaders, is the big question.
Seems fair. The onus will be on other teams like Columbia, Slovenia, Spain, GB etc to make attacking moves on Mikuni Pass to definitively drop Van Aert and make it at worst a small group sprint between punchy climbers.

I plan on getting up around 6:00 - 6:20 CET. By that time they should not yet have finished the penultimate climb. I have had some busy weeks at work and have not been sleeping well, so 4 or 5 am is not in the cards for me.
I am aiming for the same 7:00 UTC+1 but that might become 8:00.

There was talk of a shortened stage due to heat. Does anyone know if that affects start time or finish time ?

Reactions: jmdirt
carapaz at 51 odds is just ridiculous, easily the most value out of all the competitors, I wouldnt be surprised if Pogacar and Carapaz will lit up the final climb, and end up together like some stages in the tdf.
Well, the thing is that he has to arrive alone, if he wants to win. If he arrives with Pogacar, Roglic or van Aert he will not win..

Seems fair. The onus will be on other teams like Columbia, Slovenia, Spain, GB etc to make attacking moves on Mikuni Pass to definitively drop Van Aert and make it at worst a small group sprint between punchy climbers.

I doubt that everyone will be happy to ride to Mikuni together. For me it is even not impossible that Van Aert can go before Mikuni if there is a right group and the race was selective enough to limit the number of people capable of chasing.

This video makes me think that a cycling anime could be really good. Wait...
You mean some sort of Sailor moon, where a young cyclist becomes a warrior fighting for love, passion & justice in the sport?

1D5FDC418D2C5F42AAD3265F42A9BF.jpg

TRENDING THREADS