• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 6 (Binche – Longwy, 219.9k)

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I wish Alpecin would stop working. Leave it to UAE completely

Do people just want to see UAE en Jumbo race or? I wouldn't ride if I were Alpecin because my faith in Philipsen is definitely not as big as theirs, but people need to stop expecting teams to just think about the GC battle between Pog an Jumbo all the time. There's other riders and teams participating too you know. Same with Stuyven yesterday. Bora is also riding now and that's definitely normal.

Do people just want to see UAE en Jumbo race or? I wouldn't ride if I were Alpecin because my faith in Philipsen is definitely not as big as theirs, but people neet to stop expecting teams to just think about the GC battle between Pog an Jumbo all the time. There's other riders and teams participating too you know. Same with Stuyven yesterday. Bora is also riding now and that's definitely normal.

I can get Bora riding. I think it's stupid as the best chance of beating Pogacar is by leaving UAE just keep going there, but I get it.

EF and Alpecin no cos they've no chance of very little chance of winning the stage if it comes back together. I'd just expect Laporte will beat any of their guys for today since VDP is dead.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I can get Bora riding. I think it's stupid as the best chance of beating Pogacar is by leaving UAE just keep going there, but I get it.

EF and Alpecin no cos they've no chance of very little chance of winning the stage if it comes back together. I'd just expect Laporte will beat any of their guys for today since VDP is dead.

EF can literally get yellow out of today.

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan and Lui98
Poll-Fuglsang.jpg

:cool:

You guys all just weren't believers! Apart from @Ilmaestro99 who has always seen the light!

I bet he misread Jacob Fuglsang as FAUSTO MASNADA.

Do people just want to see UAE en Jumbo race or? I wouldn't ride if I were Alpecin because my faith in Philipsen is definitely not as big as theirs, but people need to stop expecting teams to just think about the GC battle between Pog an Jumbo all the time. There's other riders and teams participating too you know. Same with Stuyven yesterday. Bora is also riding now and that's definitely normal.

Agree completely. I do completely get the fact that viewers want to see an interesting GC battle and Pogacar losing time would be great for that particular race. But there are several teams in the race who have a limited number of chances to win a stage or stay close on GC or win the yellow jersey etc Their first priority is to their own team and sponsors and not to viewers sitting at home wanting a GC battle.

I wonder if they are riding for a possible stage win for Vlasov or Schachmann and not really the GC
Yeah, I wrote yesterday that Bora should target this today for Vlasov (same for tomorrow). Best to gain time on others before the long climbs come, which are more his weakness.
I'm just petty and want to see UAE bleed. Obviously plenty of teams have other interests.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS