• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 6 (Binche – Longwy, 219.9k)

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Thomas lost 5 seconds to the GT contenders.

POGAČAR Tadej UAE Team Emirates 120 100
10″
4:27:13
MATTHEWS MichaelTeam BikeExchange - Jayco 50 70
6″
GAUDU David Groupama - FDJ 25 50 5″
PIDCOCK Thomas INEOS Grenadiers 15 40 ,,
QUINTANA Nairo Team Arkéa Samsic 5 32 ,,
TEUNS DylanBahrain - Victorious 26 ,,
VINGEGAARD Jonas Jumbo-Visma 22 ,,
MARTÍNEZ Daniel Felipe INEOS Grenadiers 18 ,,
ROGLIČ Primoj Jumbo-Visma 14 ,,
BARDET Romain Team DSM 10 ,,
MAS Enric Movistar Team 8 ,,
YATES AdamINEOS Grenadiers 6 ,,
LATOUR Pierre TotalEnergies 4 ,,
POWLESS Neilson
EF Education-EasyPost 2 ,,
THOMAS Geraint INEOS Grenadiers 1 0:05

EDIT: Vlasov lost 5 sec as well

Greta ride by Vlasov to get back on

I still have hope if he isnt injured

He seems alright I think. The fall also wasn't too hard. But in the end this is all about the team in those moments. Great save by the whole squad that was still up there. If they take Bennett and Mullen to the Tour he looses 30 sec to a minute in this situation. They had to burn through their whole squad to bring him back, but in the end it's all about GC and they don't need to care about time gaps for others.

you could say that Bora, EF education and Alpecin were braindead, working for Pogacar and not getting anything in the end.
Bora I disagree because they just got unlucky with Vlasov crash, its actually a good job to get him back on. Don't blame them to think he'd do well on this finish. EF and Alpecin (Philipsen????) on the other hand... no idea.

Edit: EF for yellow I guess, also not outlandish.

TRENDING THREADS