• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2024 stage 17: Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux - Superdévoluy, 177.8 km

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
You missed a day w multiple viable breaks ways and Richard Carapaz making the most of his spotty form, he is not good everyday, but when he is on like today he has great abilities.. GC teams had drone like vision on anything important and decided that today they would not chase..
Must watch this night.
Oh boy, now 5 months since I've had a night of +4hours sleep - feels like I was a fresh newborn dad ...but thanks for spoiler anyway..

Look, what you need to do is sit the kids - or is it grandkids by now? - down and teach them about the joys of cycling! Then you'll have a win-win situation:

1. You get to watch cycling.
2. You get some quality time with the family.
It's maybe the other way around that bike race watching might the cure of distraction for quite more severe things affecting the beloved ones than the purely platonic things like being busy at work round the clock and children's things. If only it had been, but sometimes life struck. But I'm okay with that and cannot wait for tonite :)

Compared to last year Vinge is definitely finding it more difficult to get on Pogi's wheel when he attacks, and looks to be starting to run out of steam. Which is not surprising, just as it wasn't surprising when Pogi eventually cracked last year. It would be great if they could both arrive at the Tour with ideal prep next year but that may be a futile hope, so I find myself just appreciating the fact that we've had a contest these years, as when only one of them is there it would be much less interesting.

Although a GT where Pogi and Remco are the two main contenders will be also interesting in terms of how the bromance goes, I guess :cool:
Very impressed with Remco overall.

Look, what you need to do is sit the kids - or is it grandkids by now? - down and teach them about the joys of cycling! Then you'll have a win-win situation:

1. You get to watch cycling.
2. You get some quality time with the family.
Kids really respond to PowerPoint presentations, especially dealing with Lance Armstrong, Vaughters and Peter Sagan, and probably some references to Slovenia.. and income earning potential..

Last edited:
Finally the break gets a break. After several failed attempts last week EF gets its stage win with Carapaz. He picked the right moment to attack and was strong enough to make the gap.

Evenepoel's attack was a bit surprising, but it shows that he's not fading in the third week. Girmay is a step closer to green, so it doesn't look like any of the jerseys will change shoulders anymore.