• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Pologne 2020

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
View: https://twitter.com/PatLefevere/status/1291048689226723329

Ok that was ridiculous. We still need to make a distinction between the severity of the move and the severity of the effects I think. Of course it was a bad move, but it's made to look worse because of its effects.
***. These guys are going 80km/u. The move is the effect.

They say, Jakobsen is conscious but bleeding. I honestly thought he would die.
They said the same about Lambrecht. Let's hope this time will be different.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Ok that was ridiculous. We still need to make a distinction between the severity of the move and the severity of the effects I think. Of course it was a bad move, but it's made to look worse because of its effects.
Or maybe we should judge moves by the potential severity of their effects and start punishing erratic/dangerous behaviour in sprints much more severely, regardless of their outcome.

They say, Jakobsen is conscious but bleeding. I honestly thought he would die.

Injury wise, I think it looked more spectacular than it was for Jakobsen. An important part of the impact was damped by the barrier before he hit anything. And the helmet probably did its job too.

That spectator on the other hand was simply hit full on on the upper body/head. Scary.

The finish has been there for 10 years and nothing happened. The sprints can be dangerous whether it's downhill or flat.

the issue is not that a downhill sprint is more likely to create crashes, but that it is very likely increases the damage done if there is a crash. Top speed today was likely 20kmh higher than many bunch sprints. That’s not really desirable.

Reactions: Hihope and sworks
Injury wise, I think it looked more spectacular than it was for Jakobsen. An important part of the impact was damped by the barrier before he hit anything. And the helmet probably did its job too.

That spectator on the other hand was simply hit full on on the upper body/head. Scary.
Yeah initially I thought he directly impacted the finish 'arc'. I was relieved a bit when I was him tumble across the barrier first, as weird as it feels to say that.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS