• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Pologne 2020

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Not there (traveling), but will translate tweets Lang says that it looked pretty bad but Jakobsen was breathing again before transport to hospital. 9min ago mention that all involved are in hospital with Jcobsen being in worse shape than ref. Heavy internal bleeding so not looking great. 2min ago unofficial mention that ref has a spinal injury (no more details)

Thanks for the info.

Fingers crossed for all involved.

Classy comment by the way from the British Europsort commentator. Said he didn't understand why the host broadcaster was showing replays of the crash, adding "of course there are different cultures and sensibilities."

Rob Hatch (who is commentating from Spain) did a big rant on Twitter about the amount of shares of the video he was seeing on Spanish sites and the lack of sensitivity involved.

Let me repeat the question. What was the value, why did it have to be posted in the first place. As you rightly say, the replay had been shown plenty of times.
I appreciated the post. But I guess he could have just provided a link so those who wouldn't want to see it could choose not to click but I wouldn't have thought anyone would have a problem with it either since it wasn't graphic.

Reactions: janraaskalt
@argyllflyer to clariy, the picture did not bother me. But I fully understand why it would bother others. People feel differently about these things, indeed. But to draw a line between cultures is inappropriate and unnecessary.

To say "the picture didn't bother me, so I don't understand why it would bother others" is simply a remarkable display of lack of empathy.

Reactions: janraaskalt
Latest report from the Polish website (naszosie.pl):

Here is the latest information from the race doctor, Dr. Barbara Jerschina, who participated in the medical treatment of Fabio Jakobsen.

- We did everything that could be done. The working conditions were very hard, it is a very serious craniocerebral trauma, a broken palate, so it was difficult to intubate, but the laryngeal tubes and oxygen were connected all the time. We maintained the level of saturation and life activities. The heart was working well, it was maintaining the right pressure

- described the course of the rescue operation of Dr. Jerschin.

When asked by journalists whether there was a threat to life, she unfortunately answered in the affirmative.

- This cyclist is very seriously injured and is life threatening. The palate and the upper respiratory tract were crushed, but he managed to intubate, he went to the hospital, but lost a lot of blood. He is alive after all, he is with us and let's hope we win

Added Dr. Jerschina with tears in her eyes.

Jakobsen was transported to St. Barbara in Sosnowiec.

Marta Wiśniewska from Katowice

TRENDING THREADS