• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour du Rwanda 2024, February 18-25

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Lecerf the sprinter has it. Here he is channeling his inner Evenepoel

GG2-8t4XcAAr4IA

Last edited:
This ITT is half as steep as the one he was 5th in l'Avenir.

Other than that he has been 25th, 66th and 56th in his last 3 flat ITTs.

I think it will more come down to who is the strongest rider overall rather than who is the better technical TTer since the quality of the field is all over the place. That said I'm not sure he will win it but he won't lose tons of time.

Logan Currie, the NZ national ITT champion of the year, is there after all and he has been in the front group on all stages so far as well. So I'd say it's Curries stage to lose.

Reactions: Sandisfan
This ITT is half as steep as the one he was 5th in l'Avenir.

Other than that he has been 25th, 66th and 56th in his last 3 flat ITTs.
In the TTT earlier this week, which his team easily won, he was one of the stronger riders of his team.
In the flat baby Giro TT, he finished in the same time as Christen and ahead of Morgado.

His '22 results should not be taken into account since he made major strides last year building his engine. The two worst results you quoted are both of '22. In TMC he lost almost 1m40 to Hagenes, for instance. Yet a year later in the baby Giro TT he only lost 8s to Hagenes. And while this is not as steep as the Avenir TT, it's still 4.5% average for 8.2km, with the final 1k nearly 6%. Then take into account the quality of this field. I have a hard time seeing him outside of the top 5 tomorrow tbh, especially since his early season form.

His '22 results should not be taken into account since he made major strides last year building his engine. The two worst results you quoted are both of '22. In TMC he lost almost 1m40 to Hagenes, for instance. Yet a year later in the baby Giro TT he only lost 8s to Hagenes. And while this is not as steep as the Avenir TT, it's still 4.5% average for 8.2km, with the final 1k nearly 6%. Then take into account the quality of this field. I have a hard time seeing him outside of the top 5 tomorrow tbh, especially since his early season form.
Not exactly. The 66th place was in Coppi e Bartali last season so not in 2022. But good that he has improved his engine.

Ya, I agree that I don't think he'll end very far down. I just wasn't convinced that he would necessarily win the stage.

Not exactly. The 66th place was in Coppi e Bartali last season so not in 2022. But good that he has improved his engine.

Ya, I agree that I don't think he'll end very far down. I just wasn't convinced that he would necessarily win the stage.
Right, early 23, sorry. TT field there was alot better though, but i agree that was not a great result.

That said, if Latour is in shape, i'd pick him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan