• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2014 > 2015

Page 79 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Libertine Seguros said:
Ventoso is better than Rojas. Rojas is more versatile but Ventoso can actually win sometimes. Lobato can win on the same terrains Rojas can (see Castillo de Burgos).

Szmyd is now 35-36, he was a great climber five years ago, but he's just past it now. Lastras will either extend or retire. Can't see him anywhere other than Abarcá. Same goes for Guti, though I expect him to ride on for another year or two. Rubinho hasn't been the same rider since his accident in Murcía in 2011 and will probably return to Portugal for a couple of years before retirement, I'd expect.

Ventoso hasn't won a race in over two years.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Ventoso is better than Rojas. Rojas is more versatile but Ventoso can actually win sometimes. Lobato can win on the same terrains Rojas can (see Castillo de Burgos).

Szmyd is now 35-36, he was a great climber five years ago, but he's just past it now. Lastras will either extend or retire. Can't see him anywhere other than Abarcá. Same goes for Guti, though I expect him to ride on for another year or two. Rubinho hasn't been the same rider since his accident in Murcía in 2011 and will probably return to Portugal for a couple of years before retirement, I'd expect.

+1 - good analysis. If Movistar doesn't have room, I could see Guti giving a try at Lampre for a year or so, if he's not yet ready to retire.

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
MatParker117 said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/viviani-close-to-joining-team-sky-in-2015

Viviani, Roche, Konig, Poels, Nordhaug to Sky and now for fantasy GT teams:

Giro: Konig, Siutsou, Cataldo, Nordhaug, Seb Henao, Kiryienka, Puccio, Eisel, Viviani

Tour: Froome, Roche, Konig, Poels, Nieve, Porte, Ser Henao, Kennaugh, Thomas

Vuelta: Roche, Nieve, Kiryienka, Earle, Poels, Stannard, Ser Henao, Rowe, Viviani

Giro: Porte, Siutsou, Cataldo, Deigan, Thomas, Puccio, Eisel, Viviani, Edmondson

Tour: Froome, Nieve, Roache, Konig, Poels, Ser Henao, Kiriyenka, Kennaugh,
Nordhuag

Vuelta: Porte, Konig, Nieve, Deigan, Earle, Rowe, Boswell, Edmondson Stannard

Dean1234 said:
Giro: Porte, Siutsou, Cataldo, Deigan, Thomas, Puccio, Eisel, Viviani, Edmondson

Tour: Froome, Nieve, Roache, Konig, Poels, Ser Henao, Kiriyenka, Kennaugh,
Nordhuag

Vuelta: Porte, Konig, Nieve, Deigan, Earle, Rowe, Boswell, Edmondson Stannard

Oooh - Who's going to tell G Thomas he ain't riding the tour next year:D

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Ruudz0r said:
Swift is not certain to be with Sky next season. He can however let Sebastian Henao know that 22nd in his first GT as a 20 year old was way below expectations and he should not count on riding another GT for the next few years.

Fair enough on the Sebastian Henao Comment that was a big boo boo there:p

I wouldn't put swift in any grand tour team as he dosnt win stages and wouldn't be useful as a domestique, as for Thomas i think it would be much better for him to be ports last man in the Giro than to be another body in the tour.

However Seb Henao yeah Oops

May 28, 2012
Visit site
MellowJohnny said:
Strong rumours of Steve Cummings and Matt Goss joining MTN on this website.

It would be a great move for Cummings if MTN ride the GTs

Cummings at BMC also had great chances in grand tours, except the Tour.

Pentacycle said:
Cummings at BMC also had great chances in grand tours, except the Tour.

There is certainly a sea change at BMC at the moment thanks to Peiper but I think Cummings will be one of the main guys for MTN next year (that's if he signs) - Looks like MTN are going for a sprint led team, Cummings will be a rare commodity in that he's an underrated tt rider and leader of small stage races.

Piti4Podiums said:
Szmyd stated before today's ToB stage that there is a big chance this stage could be the last race of his AND Pablo Lastras' career.

I would not be surprised if Szmyd is able to race on for a year if he wishes to, at CCC Polsat.

I cannot see Pablo Lastras racing for anybody but Abarcá, so if he's not being extended he will surely move to a behind the scenes role at the team. Like Txente García he is part of the scenery at Unzué's team. He's been there long enough to have been a domestique for Chava Jiménez and have ridden with Olano for Unzué.

Status
Not open for further replies.