• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2015 > 2016

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
b.broadhurst said:
^^^

This is why I think Tinkov is talking about Sagan. The others have been linked and would come as no surprise whereas Sagan would send shockwaves through the cycling world.
Wouldn't Sky have to buy out his contract? 2 years at 4 million euros each?

Did similar with Wiggo although I imagine this would be straight cash rather than free ad space for Garmin.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

b.broadhurst said:
My boy Gary Blem has told me Sagan is close agreeing a deal to Sky. A "transfer" fee has been agreed, a deal has been made easier with the transfer of Porte to Tinkoff.

I love transfer window time! Roll on 1st August!
I dont read your posts too much but after last quote that made my day LMAO :D :D :D

Re:

TMP402 said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tea...-kwiatkowski-peters-geoghegan-hart-and-moscon

"Cyclingnews also understands that both Mikel Landa and Michal Kwiatkowski will also join Team Sky for next year, despite contradicting reports in the media."

"Alex Peters is certain to join the team for next year"

Tao Geoghan Hart and Gianni Moscon are also certain to join, but CN is not sure whether as stagaires or full time pros yet.

I wanted Tao to come WT but would prefer Garmin or Giant. Oh well.

Re:

samhocking said:
Quintana, it's Quintana going to Sky.

nairo-quintana-mande-a-dayer-a-neutralizar-y-se-revento.jpg

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Sagan leaving Tinkoff is a far fetched possibility. However Sags would NO WAY get the salary he is getting now. So forget it. I doubt he would get 2 million. And he is currently on 4.2, so he would be taking a HUGE loss. NOT HAPPENING! These guys only have finite time to cash in. None are giving it up. Wiggo was on a much lower salary at Garmin therefore he wanted to swap to SKY. CAV got out of SKY mostly because of Specialized paying most of his salary at Etixx.

I cannot see Porte to Tinkoff. It is known around cycling that he is a clown. And AC and he are no bueno. He is going to Katusha I believe. BMC have TJ and he is a young rider. To me Porte will be the next Uran. Good Sky rider. GT hopeful. Not a hit when leaving SKY. BMC should learn about paying big $ for riders, ex Hushovd, Gilbert, Ballan. All cashed in on PAST results and were nowhere near as good after getting the $. Katusha have the $ for Porte. They also see JRod in decline. Makes sense to sign Porte he can fly there colors up front.

A lot of speculation about TJ to Trek. Pure B.S.
TFR have Mollema. He is young. And had a real nice tour for them. He battled through a stomach bug I think. And was able to grind through it and get 7th. A nice result.

T.J. getting off his bike while in 2nd. That was a real step back for him IMHO. You ride the stage and suck it up. You only hop in a car when your injured ex. Froome, AC 2014. Dude was making strides as a leader. And just gave it all away IMHO. See my last paragraph ex Mollema bringing it out.

Martin to Etixx is a great move for him. A pure hilly classics rider. To the #1 Classics team in the world. They let Kwia walk because of $, and probably got Martin on Kwia existing salary. Which If I had to guess was more then Martin got a Cannondale.

Quintana to SKY? C'mon? They pay Froome 4+ million. They have cash but no way. Nairo is a colombian. On a Spanish team. With a decent budget. He is not leaving Movistar. However they need to give him the FULL leadership now. And at least 1 bodyguard. Ex, Boom at Astana for Nibs on the cobbles and flats. If Movistar does not pay him and do whats needed. Meaning tell Valverde who is the #1. I could see Nairo at Tinkoff. In the future. Olegs money + Specialized's Money + full #1 status. And big stars and Publicity = more Endorsement Cash.

BigMac said:
TMP402 said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tea...-kwiatkowski-peters-geoghegan-hart-and-moscon

"Cyclingnews also understands that both Mikel Landa and Michal Kwiatkowski will also join Team Sky for next year, despite contradicting reports in the media."

Tao Geoghan Hart and Gianni Moscon are also certain to join, but CN is not sure whether as stagaires or full time pros yet.

Agreed. Sky have a relatively poor record of developing youngsters. Arguably only Kennaugh and Rowe of the ones truly developed by Sky have exceeded basic expectations of their ability. Others were already promising, like Thomas and Stannard, or didn't develop/went backwards like Swift, Edmondson, Puccio, etc.

Re:

thehook said:
Martin to Etixx is a great move for him. A pure hilly classics rider. To the #1 Classics team in the world. They let Kwia walk because of $, and probably got Martin on Kwia existing salary. Which If I had to guess was more then Martin got a Cannondale.

Wait, where did this rumour come from?

In most ways it would be a good fit, and they could certainly pay him better, but it wouldn't exactly be a vote of confidence in Alaphilippe.

Zinoviev Letter said:
thehook said:

In most ways it would be a good fit, and they could certainly pay him better, but it wouldn't exactly be a vote of confidence in Alaphilippe.

Dan Martin was earlier rumoured to Sky, before Kwiatkowski to Sky looked so certain.

Zinoviev Letter said:
thehook said:

Agreed, I don't see it for a couple of reasons. First off, Cannondale might as well leave the WT if they let Martin go. I think he's essential to their plans and secondly, Alaphillippe...

TMP402 said:
BigMac said:
TMP402 said:

Agreed. Sky have a relatively poor record of developing youngsters. Arguably only Kennaugh and Rowe of the ones truly developed by Sky have exceeded basic expectations of their ability. Others were already promising, like Thomas and Stannard, or didn't develop/went backwards like Swift, Edmondson, Puccio, etc.

Ok not exactly Team Sky however 8 of the 10 Britsish riders that featured in the Tour came through the British cycling system, which is of course run and backed by Sky.

Re:

Ramon Koran said:
Would be great for sagan he could bag loads of stages. Whats more by going to sky his image would increase infinitly, he would become a superstar in the uk in the same way as wiggins, really hope this turns out to be true.

With a team that is so focused on the GC i'd doubt that. And there is no way that he will be as popular as Wiggins in the UK- Armstrong was popular in the Anglo countries because there was riders that were not as good as him, so he became an option to cheer for. Lastly Sagan of course wants to be popular everywhere, but why just specifically one country- which also has a small population compared to China, Russia and the USA.

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
ammattipyöräily ‏@ammattipyoraily 2 Std.Vor 2 Stunden

"Nibali to ride Vuelta. Major targets in 2016: Giro & Rio. No Tour de France. Nibali to leave Astana at end of 2016"

Any rumours on Chavanel. Not renewing with IAM, so could go anywhere, but not a great Tour for him, although not sure how much stage winning attempts he was allowed. Top 50 still, but lots of stronger French riders at the moment for him, so assuming it won't be French team.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

Pricey_sky said:
TMP402 said:
BigMac said:
TMP402 said:

Ok not exactly Team Sky however 8 of the 10 Britsish riders that featured in the Tour came through the British cycling system, which is of course run and backed by Sky.

I don't think what he mentioned is that when Sky pays for something it will fail no matter what. Just that their WT team doesn't have the best track record ever developing talent.

How will the British cycling system be financed in the future? Sky is backing off right and didn't they already cut down the budget after London 2012?

Pricey_sky said:
TMP402 said:
BigMac said:
TMP402 said:

Ok not exactly Team Sky however 8 came through the British cycling system, which is of course run and backed by Sky.

I hope you including Dan Martin in that list of 8, and excluding Chris Froome?

Sky's British Cycling sponsorship began after Beijing 2008 success. i.e. British Cycling Olympic Development Squad were already extremely successful without Sky using Lottery Funding alone. I think the fact Sky are now paying £2Billion more for Premier League this year has something to do with the split perhaps, they must be cutting back to cover that?
I think there's already a 4 year deal lined up with another Sponsor to replace Sky anyway? My guess is it will be Jaguar because Fiat currently have a sponsorship deal which ends in 2016.

coinneach said:
Pricey_sky said:
TMP402 said:

Ok not exactly Team Sky however 8 came through the British cycling system, which is of course run and backed by Sky.

I hope you including Dan Martin in that list of 8, and excluding Chris Froome?

I think Dowsett, Simon Yates, G, Yogi, Cummings, Rowe, Cav and PK