• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2016 > 2017

Page 110 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

MatParker117 said:
Ellisonde signs for Sky, two year deal.
Oh well I guess they pay well... Still weird as he doesn't seem like a domestique type and no way he's even in the top10 of the team hierarchy to even get into a break somewhere. Maybe he gets to leads in some oil race.

Regarding Rosa, I just hope they won't turn him into a bot, he's really entertaining, smart and attacking rider.

Surprising for me Sky haven't extended with Lopez and Puccio, Lopez was hands down his best domestique in La Vuelta while König was busy riding for a top-5 and eventually screwing it up. I also would've expected Puccio by now.

And whats up with Henao? PCS haven't listed him at Sky in 2017 either.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Surprising for me Sky haven't extended with Lopez and Puccio, Lopez was hands down his best domestique in La Vuelta while König was busy riding for a top-5 and eventually screwing it up. I also would've expected Puccio by now.

Both Lopez and Puccio were in the photo I posted of Sky's 2017 team.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:

Henao signed with Sky for 2 more years.http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sergio-henao-to-stay-at-team-sky/
I think i read something about Lopez&Puccio extension too.Can't remember where.

Re: Re:

trevim said:
MatParker117 said:
Ellisonde signs for Sky, two year deal.
Oh well I guess they pay well... Still weird as he doesn't seem like a domestique type and no way he's even in the top10 of the team hierarchy to even get into a break somewhere. Maybe he gets to leads in some oil race.

Regarding Rosa, I just hope they won't turn him into a bot, he's really entertaining, smart and attacking rider.

see procyclingstats and take a look at Rosa´s GT results: domestique.
one day races results: good, won Milano Torino, got 2nd in Lombardia.
but GT DOMESTIQUE
or bot, call it as you like

he already said he´ll help in GT and go for his chances in 1 day races
same, same, same as Astana

I dont get the people moaning. he always worked for Aru, Landa, Nibali, as Astana.
but now no, it´s not good, oh poor Diego! he´ll have to slave for his captains....
:rolleyes:

Re:

TMP402 said:
http://www.cicloweb.it/2016/10/27/ventidue-corridori-per-la-gazprom-rusvelo-2017-ce-anche-brutt/

Gazprom make Pavel Brutt their last signing. So no room for Petrov or Trofimov. I guess Petrov at 38 will retire. Apart from those two, Tosatto and Paulinho are the other Tinkoff riders without a future team, if I'm not mistaken.

I guess Trofimov has already a deal with another team, as well as Silin and Vorobyev. It would not make any sense that Gazprom did not sign them if being available, especially Trofimov.

TMP402 said:
Roku said:
I guess Trofimov has already a deal with another team, as well as Silin and Vorobyev. It would not make any sense that Gazprom did not sign them if being available, especially Trofimov.

Yeah, I wonder who. Maybe Lokosphinx are moving to pro conti?

Furthermore I note Evtushenko, Kolobnev, Kurbatov, Kustadinchev, Manakov and Stash are apparently all leaving Gazprom.

Sebastian Lander to GM Europa Ovini

http://www.wielerflits.nl/nieuws/214740/wielertransfers-2017-brajkovic-offredo-lander-zanotti.html

The same link also talks about Monkeytown, a new Dutch conti team. Riders so far:

-Stephan Bakker (Cycling Team Jo Piels)
-Joris Blokker (Parkhotel Valkenburg CT)
-Remco te Brake (Parkhotel Valkenburg CT)
-Yannick Detant (SEG Racing)
-Nino Honigh (Rabobank Development Team)
-Ivar Slik (Roompot–Oranje Peloton)
-Milan Veltman (Parkhotel Valkenburg CT)
-Marco Zanotti (Parkhotel Valkenburg CT)

TMP402 said:
Valv.Piti said:

Both Lopez and Puccio were in the photo I posted of Sky's 2017 team.

So was Sergio. They've all signed new contracts which just haven't been announced yet.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Anderis said:
How are you surprised by the fact that people judge according to their own ways of thinking? Are we supposed to know your way of thinking before you make it clear?

If it was only me who misunderstood you, then I could appologise you. But when multiple of other people came with the same interpretation, then it shows that maybe your post wasn't clear enough and you share at least part of the blame for inefficient communication.
I am not surprised. Nice example again :)

It doesn't make opinion more truthful when more people share it.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

roundabout said:
Hirt rode for 2 WT development teams and did not get promoted. Including a team with a Czech owner.

Maybe there is more to it than some irrational anti-Czech bias
Have you even read the previuos post? It was clearly said it's thing of structure, which I agree.

But some people want see nationalism everywhere, right?

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:

He was riding for the podium. Anyway stop hating, man, hands down.

TRENDING THREADS