• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Trek going going gone

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
could be that the UCI is going to ratify his crucifixtion very soon and gave nike a heads up to save some sort face...word then got round...either that or it is just the usual MO of the scumbag corporate world he ran in...once one rat bails, the rest soon follow...

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Can someone please email Bicycle Village (sort of the Wal Mart of Bike stores, along with Performance) and tell them to rip down those $%^&*# Lance Armstrong banners they have up in their stores and burn them in the parking lot ???

cineteq said:
More music.

"Honey Stinger, the Colorado-based nutrition company in which Armstrong has invested, announced that it was in the process of removing the Texan’s image from its products."

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012...ong-continues-livestrong-collaboration_261699

PS: Nike, RadioShack, Anheuser-Busch, Giro and Trek thus far.

That's great news. I have quite liked the Honey stinger products when they have been supplied at events, but have never bought any because of the CJ link. Now I might consider them. Or not.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
winkybiker said:
That's great news. I have quite liked the Honey stinger products when they have been supplied at events, but have never bought any because of the CJ link. Now I might consider them. Or not.

if you buy their stuff you are just handing lance money...

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Swifty's Cakes said:
aye, and watch him file for bancrupcy to get protection from his creditors.

Nope. Lance has a lot of money. Not close to being bankrupt, and if he tried, judges know about the trick of transferring assets and are not shy about retrieving them.

Besides, when has a company ever sued and won against an athlete for being a d-bag?

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Velodude said:
I suggest it would be no coincidence that all these long term sponsors determined within hours of each other to terminate Armstrong sponsorships but continue to support the LAF charity.

Once a significant sponsor indicated it was too hot in the kitchen to be with now toxic LA, Armstrong's advisors would have urged him to prevent a creeping domino effect over time and enter discussions with them all to terminate contracts but maintain Livestrong.

Hence, we have a whole series of similar media releases occurring within hours. I would not be surprised if Armstrong is party to release agreements in which he agreed not to litigate for breaches of contracts.

@Dimspace on twitter seems to have some miraculous insight into what's going on. He's on here sometimes too I think. Where is he in his hour of triumph?
Anyway, this tweet is very interesting, and nauseating:

Fascinating fact.. the Public Relations company employed by Trek, Oakley, Stinger Bee, etc just happens to be owned by the L/Strong Chairman

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
knewcleardaze said:
Does Lance have a wife?

Am, ah.
I think a better question would be "is he married?" - then no.

racyrichuk said:
@Dimspace on twitter seems to have some miraculous insight into what's going on. He's on here sometimes too I think. Where is he in his hour of triumph?
Anyway, this tweet is very interesting, and nauseating:
Jeff Garvey is the new Chairman of LAF.
He was in to a load of businesses in Austin- and he is also mentioned in the Mellow Johnnys public records.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
It's great that Trek decided to put their relationship with Armstrong out by the curb beside the trash for weekly collection. Never have been a fan of Trek per se, but it's nice to read Lance is painfully, slowly getting his comeeuppance.

Sarcastic Wet Trout said:
Besides, when has a company ever sued and won against an athlete for being a d-bag?

Barry Sanders Vs The Detroit Lions(delusional Barry actually thought he'd be able to keep a huge part of his signing bonus, and/or cotract, when he abruptly "retired" on them). They won a judgement of like $9 mill against him, also see Lions Vs Charles Rogers.

Lance won't be sued for being a d bag, he'll be sued for misleading folks.

If the sponsors banded together, they could establish a new Cancer Charity into which they could donate and benefit from. The time is right. With all the publicity at the moment, it would be a perfect time to launch an ethical competing charity and sever all ties with the LAF. The mainstream press would cover it. They could quickly and effectively establish a competing "brand" for the sort of fundraising that the Livestrong brand facilitated. They could remove all (non historic) taint. Remove the colour yellow from the merchandise.

And direct the money to actual research.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know or have a link to what actually happened between LeMond and Trek. I know Greg probably can't talk a lot about it because he received a settlement. But, I've never heard or read the full story.