• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 65 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yes, I think something had to change - it was no longer working, not for lack of effort. Apart from her first season at Scott-Sram in 2019, it's been a long time since we saw her at the sharp end consistently.
She is probably desperate to find a way onto the Olympic team and the only way that is going to happen (most likely) is by winning one of the World Cups before May 31, 2024.

Reactions: jmdirt
I wonder if Luca's winter training includes developing better race sense and tactics

I take it you haven't read his social media? He didn't like advice from 'experts' on the internet.......

Saying that, when he won his first XCC in Nove Mesto in 2022, his numbers were impressive; I seem to recall rumours of road teams being interested.......obviously nothing has come of it.

I take it you haven't read his social media? He didn't like advice from 'experts' on the internet.......

Saying that, when he won his first XCC in Nove Mesto in 2022, his numbers were impressive; I seem to recall rumours of road teams being interested.......obviously nothing has come of it.
Nope, I don't tend to follow socials. He always strikes me as one of those riders who tries to do it purely by brawn and who could benefit from improved race craft. But, that's for him to learn and explore 🙂

There's no doubt he has an incredibly powerful engine (he's not exactly a small guy)

Reactions: jmdirt