• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 259 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Afrank said:
My bad on the username, and this being the Nibali thread is why I started that post asking people to get back on topic. It's my personal opinion that he still did finish 1st even if he was ultimately disqualified. That's not a comment about the fairness or unfairness of the disqualification. But that's a better discussion for somewhere else.

As for calling out names, I'll say this to the other posters in this thread (the contador fans mostly). Speaking in general about the conversations in this thread the past few days, cineteq does have a write to his opinion and to expressing it as much as everyone else does. So before disregarding something he posts as trolling think if it is really trolling or just something you might strongly disagree with.

This does go both ways though, Cineteq, as a number of your posts can be seen as having the goal of winding up the Contador fans.

That's quite easy. When it's the method that is the problem rather than the opinion, then it's easy to see what is happening. Especially when it happens that you have the same opinion as Cineteq, yet are still frustrated by his actions in a conversation.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
cineteq is just trolling again. He knows its a clinic discussion (one he can't win) but he knows it annoys Contador fans to pretend contador wasn't there in 2011 giro (where he wooped Nibali's ***) so he says it.

Like 99% of his comments, written with one motivation in mind - to wind up La Flo and a handful of other contador fans.
yep,its pretty obvious from those years,I just wanted to make his day.Im so kind you know:p:D

now back to topic,like afrank said.
what is nibali schedule for spring?(too lazy)

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Carols said:
Nice schedule. Classics, Monuments, week long stage races and GT. Shows a well rounded rider. I don't expect to see any real form from him until TA.

i know. nice schedule :)

he'll be in good shape - or at least in better shape than last year (so he says; not making the mistakes like last year). really want to see him be in good form for t-a, msr, amstel gold, fw & lbl.

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
cineteq said:
Three big goals!

Astana has Lars Boom now, too. have not checked on Boom's schedule - wondering if Boom will ride amstel gold, fw, lbl...

Boom has his own goals and is such a stud in the spring classics...i dunno, just thinking about the Nibs-Boom combo on the road...

pigoonse said:
Astana has Lars Boom now, too. have not checked on Boom's schedule - wondering if Boom will ride amstel gold, fw, lbl...

Boom has his own goals and is such a stud in the spring classics...i dunno, just thinking about the Nibs-Boom combo on the road...
Paris-Roubaix is the only place I can think of

1107sport4.transformed.jpg

pigoonse said:

Whatever the case I hope Nibbes is the leader for one of those...he could do well and deserves to have the full team backing for one of those.

ride Oman and Dbai for the lulz, a decent Strade (top 10) and then epic pwnage in TA and MSR. AGR and FW as Lutsenkos domestique and then super destruction and annihilation of the peloton in LBL (Lutsenko distant 2nd place). Dauphine, once again for the lulz, giving Froomey a false hope that he might be able to win the tour. Then an epic battle with AC in the tour.

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
greenedge said:
Boom would not be a contender for FW or LBL ever. However at M-SR/AGR he could ride decently, but should be used to support Nibali.

so right about no FW and LBL for Boom. Boom is riding this, so far:

http://www.procyclingstats.com/rider/Lars_Boom

didn't see AG on his schedule, but i see he will be support for Nibali in Dubai, SB, MSR and TdF, if everything goes to plan. but i'm getting too far ahead :eek: a lot can change.

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
ride Oman and Dbai for the lulz, a decent Strade (top 10) and then epic pwnage in TA and MSR. AGR and FW as Lutsenkos domestique and then super destruction and annihilation of the peloton in LBL (Lutsenko distant 2nd place). Dauphine, once again for the lulz, giving Froomey a false hope that he might be able to win the tour. Then an epic battle with AC in the tour.

:D great post as usual...

This is too funny :D

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

The LBL team should be very strong, Nibali, Lutsenko, Lulu Sanchez, Tiralongo and the danish bottle carrier.

This is the program as outlined by Slongo:

4-7 February, Dubai Tour
17-22 February, Tour of Oman
7 March, Strade Bianche
11-17 March, Tirreno-Adriatico
22 March, Milano-San Remo
19 April, Amstel Gold Race
22 April, La Flèche Wallonne
26 April, Liège-Bastogne-Liège
7-14 June, Critérium du Dauphiné
4-26 July, Tour de France

He has 30 days of racing, compared to 45 in 2014 until TdF, Slongo says that
Nibali could be competitive to win in Oman, Tirreno-Adriatico and the Ardennes Classics ahead of the Tour.

Nibali training on the track: At the 250-metre Palacio Velódromo Luis Puig, Slongo is testing Nibali and Fabio Aru while they ride in circles.

"We are getting important numbers,” Slongo said. “Specialized has its experts here to help with such things as aerodynamics on the time trial bikes. We can make slight adjustments in their positions that they can work on when they are at home training alone"

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...ining-on-the-track-153241#XBccbC8AquOsIY5w.99

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Good to see Nibs upping his game. He will need to. I am yet convinced by his climbing ability amongst the likes of Contador ,froome , even Horner had to much for him. This seems like a smart move. He will need time from anywhere he can get it if he wants to have a shot at a GT win this year.