• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 19, 2011
Visit site
Michele said:
I dont completely agree as until last year he used to ride on his own into some crazy attacks which are very nice for us tv vieweres/fans, but not ever very productive.

That is because he has a very weak team, and sometimes team do not even work for him, so he has to make attacks to even create some opportunities.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
pastronef said:
There have also been critics about Kangert, going full gas on the TT instead of saving energy for the team.

How can you critisize someone who's been consistently (if we leave out stage 10) there with Nibali unlike other teammates?

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Seriously people think Nibali can maybe get to Contador 2011-level?

And i thought i was a fanboy...

Yea i mean nibali is really crushing the mountains lately...

Majka, evans, pozzovivo are really feeling it...

That ITT was amazing of nibali but for the rest he hasn't shown me any improvement in the mountains in this giro compared to last year.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Samson said:
How can you critisize someone who's been consistently (if we leave out stage 10) there with Nibali unlike other teammates?

Maybe it shows Nibali is also also extremely nice to his teammates, he wants his teammates to achieve the best personal result possible. I am sure they go through this with Nibali.

Miburo said:
Seriously people think Nibali can maybe get to Contador 2011-level?

And i thought i was a fanboy...

Yea i mean nibali is really crushing the mountains lately...

Majka, evans, pozzovivo are really feeling it...

That ITT was amazing of nibali but for the rest he hasn't showed me any improvement in the mountains in this giro

Show me one who has said that :rolleyes:

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
They already faced each other in T-A this year.

That said I don't think Nibali '12 would have been able to keep up with Contador in the 2012 Vuelta.

That's an interesting topic.

I'm not sure about that one. Hard to tell of course.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
SafeBet said:
No.
I said TdF 14.

2011 is past. Why should I care about it?

Yea why would we care about the past? Past means nothing these days. Guy from the gruppeto in the past can win a gt nowadays.

Keep talking big. I bet you did it too in 2011 "oh contador wasn't really good in the tour last year, nibali can take him".

A domestique of Contador can even follow Nibali. How scary...

SafeBet said:
Why do you think I'm discussin the overall value of the riders throughout their careers?
I never even mentioned this, nor has anybody else.

Asked who is stronger between him and Contador, Nibali says he doesn't know but would like to measure his strengths against him.

I thought this meant that Nibali wants to know who is the better cyclist

Miburo said:
Yea why would we care about the past?

I care.
It's just not the issue we're discussing here.

We're just hoping to see Nibali vs Contador soon enough to be entertained.
And that's the last post I'll write in response to you or LaFlo. It's impossible to discuss anything concerning Contador with you both.

I'm still waiting you to say I was right about Nibali beating Contador in T/A ITT btw.

Miburo said:
Yea why would we care about the past? Past means nothing these days. Guy from the gruppeto in the past can win a gt nowadays.

Keep talking big. I bet you did it too in 2011 "oh contador wasn't really good in the tour last year, nibali can take him".

A domestique of Contador can even follow Nibali. How scary...

Yes and Majka said it wasn't even hard:D Froome would be 3 min ahead of Nibali by now, he isn't really that strong

SafeBet said:
I care.
It's just not the issue we're discussing here.

We're just hoping to see Nibali vs Contador soon enough to be entertained.
And that's the last post I'll write in response to you or LaFlo. It's impossible to discuss anything concerning Contador with you both.

I'm still waiting you to say I was right about Nibali beating Contador in T/A ITT btw.

You were right. Congratulations:rolleyes: You smug *edit: that wasn't very nice*

TRENDING THREADS