• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 633 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Unexplored levels of sandbagging?

This is Giro dell'Appennino 2009 which he won, time on Bocchetta 22:00. Today he was hanging in a group of about 20 riders following the furious pace of Brambilla up the Bocchetta which was climbed in 22'41".

223160-420x236.jpg

Reactions: Red Rick
Latest from Vincenzo from lastampa.it:

"After Giro del'Appennino I haven't raced anymore and I couldn't test myself in the race, so I don't know how I am, really. Some signals coming from the last training, however, are not bad. And I hope to grow a little bit more. We will see."

"I arrive at the World Cup on tiptoe, with humility, aware that the favorites are others. It has often happened to me that I didn't know how I was, that I didn't have particularly encouraging feedback, but then suddenly I was able to go fast in the race. Let's hope it will be like this also on Sunday."

"I trust that the condition will slowly come because the work has been done well and sooner or later it has to pay off. Of course, from a mental and psychological point of view it is not the best for me to work so hard uphill, but I have to accept it thinking that I can only improve."

Latest from Vincenzo from lastampa.it:

"After Giro del'Appennino I haven't raced anymore and I couldn't test myself in the race, so I don't know how I am, really. Some signals coming from the last training, however, are not bad. And I hope to grow a little bit more. We will see."

"I arrive at the World Cup on tiptoe, with humility, aware that the favorites are others. It has often happened to me that I didn't know how I was, that I didn't have particularly encouraging feedback, but then suddenly I was able to go fast in the race. Let's hope it will be like this also on Sunday."

"I trust that the condition will slowly come because the work has been done well and sooner or later it has to pay off. Of course, from a mental and psychological point of view it is not the best for me to work so hard uphill, but I have to accept it thinking that I can only improve."
Say it Nibbles. SAY WHAT THE FORM IS

Say it Nibbles. SAY WHAT THE FORM IS

"Maybe I'll unlock. Maybe not. I don't know. But in the meantime I'm here and then we'll see. I care very much about this jersey. I have always cared about it"

- But will you "unblock"?

"It could. Many times I have unblocked myself from one day to the next. It happened to me sometimes even in training, we do not know for what reason. A reaction of the physique, perhaps. The weight is good, the fat mass is also very good. It also depends sometimes on temperatures. If they were cooler, it is probably better."

From gazzetta dello sport.

"Maybe I'll unlock. Maybe not. I don't know. But in the meantime I'm here and then we'll see. I care very much about this jersey. I have always cared about it"

- But will you "unblock"?

"It could. Many times I have unblocked myself from one day to the next. It happened to me sometimes even in training, we do not know for what reason. A reaction of the physique, perhaps. The weight is good, the fat mass is also very good. It also depends sometimes on temperatures. If they were cooler, it is probably better."

From gazzetta dello sport.
We must perform the sacrifice and snowdance before Sunday.

• Haha
Reactions: SHAD0W93