• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2017 stage 12 Motril - Antequera 160,1 km

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

skippo12 said:
Yesterday was disappointing? Only one who tried to challenge Froome and could stay with him in the end. I agree that his Giro wasn`t great but in the Vuelta he has done everything people could have expected. He will allways lose seconds on the muritos but on the longer climbs he is among the top 3. The race is far from over and he is only 1 minute down.
You're talking about legs, I'm explicitly not talking about legs.

Re:

Vasilis said:
Really curious to know what actually happened to Froome

The way I saw it, he just slipped in the corner. The Katusha car stopped right before the corner, so he had the proper line, but it may have been bothering him a little in his peripheral vision because he couldn't have been sure the car stops.

Still his own mistake imo.

spalco said:
Vasilis said:
Really curious to know what actually happened to Froome

The way I saw it, he just slipped in the corner. The Katusha car stopped right before the corner, so he had the proper line, but it may have been bothering him a little in his peripheral vision because he couldn't have been sure the car stops.

Still his own mistake imo.
That was the second time, when he was probably a little too eager to get back I think.

Valv.Piti said:
Brullnux said:
Valv.Piti said:
So the geniuses found out to work properly in the last kilometre. Could and should have been 30 seconds more, I expected more from the voodoo master in such situation.
The gap was never over 40 seconds, important to note.

Edit: still, disappointing. I'm guessing there was some confusion at first, but they only really started pushing after the 3 to go mark
Exactly. And it was 3 against 20, christ.... so its not unreasonable.
It was more 6 vs 3. Some Astana doms, Katyusha, Pellizotti and Oomen. Occasionally Nibali towards the end. A couple of others at most. Most of that group were dead wood

I can't believe the group was not pushing harder...sigh, they had the numbers, and no one wanted to pull. And Froome, he did what he had to limit his loses. However, imagine if he didn't had that strong of a team, he probably would have lost way more than 20 secs today.

Brullnux said:
Valv.Piti said:
Brullnux said:
Valv.Piti said:
So the geniuses found out to work properly in the last kilometre. Could and should have been 30 seconds more, I expected more from the voodoo master in such situation.

Edit: still, disappointing. I'm guessing there was some confusion at first, but they only really started pushing after the 3 to go mark
It was more 6 vs 3. Some Astana doms, Pellizotti and Oomen. Occasionally Nibali towards the end. A couple of others at most. Most of that group were dead wood
You don't get the point, do you? If they actually was working earlier, say just 10 of them.

Arredondo said:
wouterkaas said:
Aguirre said:
Froome is ridiculous bike handler, there is a long road to Madrid
Where do you base that on? As far as I know he rides very well and only crashed today due to the strange manoeuvers by the Katusha car.

Which strange manoeuvre?
This is one of the most bizarre excuses I've seen in a long time. Presumably someone on Eurosport or Twitter mentioned it, because it clearly wasn't responsible for the crash.

Actually the drivers in the Katusha car did everything in its might to avoid interfering with Froome's line. It braked to give Froome room to pass, when Froome tried to overtake it, coming into the corner.

I have no clue why some people blame the car. The misinformed should watch a replay of the episode, if that is what is needed to overrule their bias.

Valv.Piti said:
Brullnux said:
Valv.Piti said:
Brullnux said:
Valv.Piti said:

It was more 6 vs 3. Some Astana doms, Pellizotti and Oomen. Occasionally Nibali towards the end. A couple of others at most. Most of that group were dead wood
You don't get the point, do you? If they actually was working earlier, say just 10 of them.
I do, and I think they should've pushed harder, but a lot of that group had no reason to pull. Some are neither in a race with Contador nor Froome, so why should they go on the front?

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site

Arredondo said:
wouterkaas said:
Aguirre said:
Where do you base that on? As far as I know he rides very well and only crashed today due to the strange manoeuvers by the Katusha car.

Which strange manoeuvre?
That car was too far into that corner for it to be safe, making Froome deviate from his line.

DFA123 said:
Arredondo said:
wouterkaas said:
Aguirre said:

Which strange manoeuvre?
This is one of the most bizarre excuses I've seen in a long time. Presumably someone on Eurosport or Twitter mentioned it, because it clearly wasn't responsible for the crash.
That car may have had something to do with the crash, because its mere presence would have influenced Froome's line, but of course they didn't do anything wrong.

TRENDING THREADS