• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

OWDE0luq_400x400.png

1500x500

Now that the world champs are over we can get back to the real races. Roglic is back from wining the Giro to prepare for the Vuelta. He will also have some competition from Adam Yates and the likes.
Race has some nice varied profiles and a MTT.

Notable GC mentions: Roglic, Adam Yates, Caruso, Rubio, Kamna, Carthy, Vine, Valter, Vlasov
Notable sprinters: Molano, Garcia

Live coverage: Eurosport/GCN+ will be covering the race.

vB6ObfL.png

VU6apPh.png

4qmBfBw.png

Full startlist:

The start list is diluted because you also have the Tour of Denmark and the Tour of Norway this week.
Also for the smaller Spanish teams they're splitting teams with the Volta a Portugal as well.

Looking forward to seeing Thomas Silva adapt to the pros. He has been powering over all terrains in the amateur scene so I want to see which direction he heads once racing at the higher level.

I don't think you can see the percentages from that video. But okay, it's Vuelta a Burgos, why not try something a little aloof?

I believe the official profile is a bit off and the finish of the stage is closer to 750 meters a.s.l than the 800+ on the profile

I think the last climb is something like 2 km at around 5% very roughly.

I think it will be an interesting experiment in pacing and more interesting to me than a pure power focus TTT.

Great race as usual. I still remember when I watched this race in 2011 for the first time, being a huge Euskaltel-fan at the time, and looked forward to Antón and Sanchez on Lagunas de Neila. These were the prime years of Euskaltel where you still believed Antón could actually win a GT and Sanchez was on the top of his game.

Turned out that a climber by the name of Mikel Landa won the stage. Probably his first stage in the pros?

Latest posts