• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España - Stage 10 Tarragona - Vilanova i la Geltrú 175.7km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
This is it! :D

jhonie.jpg

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
insideout leadout said:
I don't think so. Koldo F and Urtasun are way better sprinters than J-Rod.

So I guess this confirms the speculation that EE didn't want the burden of defending the jersey. As much as I am pulling for Anton, it will be nice to see Purito pull on the red jersey. Especially considering that both Purito and Anton have been equal so far in the Vuelta, it is only fair that both spend at least one day in the leader's jersey.

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Gilbert's involvement in todays breakaway isn't good for Van Avermaet, who looks to be a potential stage winner. Gilbert should drop back just like Barredo did. Katusha isn't giving the "virtual jersey" away.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Euskatel will probably be glad to drop the jersey today, they have to be counting on Anton taking minutes out of J-Rod in the big mountains next week anyway.

insideout leadout said:
Gilbert's involvement in todays breakaway isn't good for Van Avermaet, who looks to be a potential stage winner. Gilbert should drop back just like Barredo did. Katusha isn't giving the "virtual jersey" away.
Barredo didn't dop out by choice. He didn't eat and was dead. Lost 20 minutes at the finish. Which sucked, because he was in my fantasy team and I was sure it was the day for him.

Today's a very dangerous stage.

Here's the detail of the last km's --> http://www.tracks4bikers.com/tracks/show/34787

The main climb it's Rat Penat, 4,5Km near 10% avg. gradient. This is the profile (only the first 4,5km until the Plana Novella crossroads)

ratpenat.png

But that's not the end of the difficulties. The downhill has a lot of little climbs in the middle, it's this:

679-ratpenat-plananovella.gif

And then, there's a "little" climb to Can Grau with 200m. at 17% !!

dc82fecb93877a234056b751aee5a888o.png

But not only the profile's are important. The road its ****ing tricky, with only 3m. wide in some points, and it's concrete in some points.

This is a photo gallety of that dangerous road --> http://apmforo.mforos.com/1304526/9854383-la-vuelta-2010-viii/?pag=6#87749081

For example, this is the steep climb to Can Grau:

154CE891E1334C852635364C85262F.jpg

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
So we got these in the break:

KADRI Biel (016), MORENO BAZAN Javier (025), ERVITI Imanol (053), ZINGLE Romain (069), CHEULA Giampaolo (083), LE MEVEL Christophe (091), MORI Manuele (117), FINETTO Mauro (122), VAN AVERMAET Greg (138), TEN DAM Laurens (158) and LUND Anders (201)

Looks like Ten Dam got fed up looking over his shoulder where Menchov was, and is given the all clear to go for himself.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Miss Indo said:
Can't wait untill the stage is done and Bjarne will say something about why he threw them out of the Vuelta... Gonna be really interesting...
All I know, at the moment, is that Bjarne has denied that it has anything to do with doping, which had not crossed my mind anyway...

Andy says they were thrown out for going out after dinner to have a drink.

- I acknowledge that I have broken one of team rules by going out to get a drink after dinner, and so Bjarne decided to send me and Stuart O'Grady home, writes Andy Schleck in a sms to tv2.dk.

http://sporten.tv2.dk/cykling/article.php/id-33399051:andy-derfor-blev-jeg-smidt-ud.html

May 19, 2010
Visit site
only two beers each says Andy

Only two beers each says Andy, - and Bjarne was out late in a bar too!

- The fact is that we (Stuart O 'Grady and Andy Schleck, red) on the rest day yesterday chose to go out after eating late dinner, which one is doing in Spain. We get no more than two beers each, and then we go home at 1 o'clock, we meet Bjarne who sit at another bar, "says Andy Schleck to sporten.dk.

But rumors has it that Andy was out drinking last week too.

Reports tells that it was not the first time that this year's number two in the Tour de France has been out and enjoying himself during this edition of the Vuelta a Espana. For a week or so ago the rumors had it that he was also was out on a wet night out.

http://www.sporten.dk/cykling/schleck-vi-fik-kun-oel