• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2020: Stage 6 (Biescas - Aramón Formigal, 146.6 km)

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Crazy that a JV team with Kuss, Bennett, Dumoulin et al could just fall apart on what on paper is not a brutally hard stage. I thought that Roglic took red too early; now I'm convinced it was a mistake. Their TdF guys may not have recovered from their thrashing by WvA. :)

Carapaz otoh looking real good.

Must have been the weather and what ever happened to Roglic on the descent. It's one thing for Roglic to be a bit weak but Kuss disappearing completely aswell is odd.

Hopefully no illnesses here

Clipboard.gif

GC
GC.gif

Nice first week by Roglic, but I never expected him to be able to sustain top form after the TDF. I would be surprised if he is on the podium at the end.

Yup, I think it will be hard for him to keep form until the end of the race. TdF, WC, classics and now Vuelta. He's lucky that Tourmalet/Aubisque stage was cancelled, otherwise his losses could have been insurmountable. Glad that Carapaz is in the lead but Carthy looks very strong as well.

The though of Mr Bonus seconds winning La Vuelta b2b disgusts me. But then aagain Ineo winning 2 GT's in a season is real close. Carapaz takes initiati8ve tho and is attacking so if not him plz someone like mr gurner breakthrough and win

I'm not that surprised with Roglič cracking. It's Mas that I expected to be able to keep himself close to red - or to Carapaz - at least until the late 2nd week....when finally someone unfancied take over:D Well, Carthy winning will be very much in line with this year's spirit.

Reactions: Descender

TRENDING THREADS