• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2022, stage 16: Sanlúcar de Barrameda - Tomares, 189.4k

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The guy calling Evenepoel a spoiled brat has his doubts.

50laughnbs78.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Lui98
Lol, all the crying and the salt almost has me wish Evenepoel DID in fact fake it, just to ad insult to injury. You can't make this stuff up.

Also, Roglic is injured but we don't care about that, but the fact that Evenepoel almost definitely possibly very well likely might have been able to perhaps fake that because we all know he isn't able to follow the peloton on a 400 meter bump in the road, has our utmost attention.

Yeah I don’t know why the “Remco faked it” attained critical mass and established itself as the focus instead of Roglic as tragic hero with bike handling as his fatal flaw.

Edit: Not to say bad luck hasn’t had an impact. But if you can handle your bike well enough, you can overcome a lot. See: Sagan bunny hopping a fallen rider without losing a moment.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Ok, then there should be no mercy for people who crash due to their own ineptitude either, 3 km rule or not.

I get your point and obviously it's impossible to enforce something like that as each situation is different. Just frustrated me to see a guy go all out and light up the stage just to gain 8 seconds on someone who chats and takes it easy for the hardest 3km of the day. The crash was his own fault for sure but it's a shame to see risk taking get punished.

for any followers of american football..

DEFLATEGATE!!!
You mean the game when the only ball that was low on pressure and below the limit was the one the Colts intercepted, the Patriots put up more points in the second half with the correct balls, and that air pressure goes down when it’s colder with the next year pressure being low in all of the game balls of the Giants vs Steelers game?

Last edited:
I get your point and obviously it's impossible to enforce something like that as each situation is different. Just frustrated me to see a guy go all out and light up the stage just to gain 8 seconds on someone who chats and takes it easy for the hardest 3km of the day. The crash was his own fault for sure but it's a shame to see risk taking get punished.
I know, I was just as frustrated as you, trust me, that's why I'm typing so much right now, to blow off steam, lol. But he didn't get punished for taking risks, he got punished for needlessly bumping into Fred Wright.