• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Website Errors.

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Okay, I don't know where the mistake is, but take a look at Garmin's start lists at the Vuelta and the World Ports:

Vuelta:

111 Daniel Martin (Irl)
112 Caleb Fairly (USA)
113 Tyler Farrar (USA)
114 Koldo Fernandez De Larrea (Spa)
115 Alex Howes (USA)
116 Michel Kreder (Ned)
117 Nick Nuyens (Bel)
118 Alex Rasmussen (Den)
119 Johan Vansummeren (Bel)

World Ports:

80 Nathan Haas (Aus)
81 Michel Kreder (Ned)
82 Raymond Kreder (Ned)
83 Martijn Maaskant (Ned)
84 Glenn O'Shea (Aus)
85 Sébastien Rosseler (Bel)
86 Peter Stetina (USA)
87 Steele Von Hoff (Aus)

No offence against Michel, but I don't think he's able to participate in two races at the same time! :p

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-acevedo-to-garmin

At current, information is few and far between, but Lefevere made public the peculiar statement that Acevedo had made some "unfortunate statements about the team lately," he told Wieler Flits. “Though I still think that he could win six UCI races a year with us.”

Lefevere didn't say this about Acevedo, but about De Gendt, for whom a spot on the team has opened up after Acevedo's no-show.

Every statement is 'peculiar' if you don't speak the language...

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Time for the rider profiles to be updated.
Wiggins' key results list hasn't been updated since the Dauphine 2012
Froome apparently doesn't have any key results, not even from 2011

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I know coverage of women's cycling on this site is p1ss poor, but that is no reason to use a photo of Marcel Kittel on the front page for the thumb-nail next to the news of the Ladies Tour of Qatar

Daniel Benson

Administrator
Mar 2, 2009
www.cyclingnews.com
hey Redhead thanks for that. We import the riders in one huge data transfer and because of way the site works - alas - they all go live at once. Cheers for spotting this.

Dan

gallery error

On Chromium on Mac, I get persistant errors in the Galleries where the image is displaced right, occluded by ads. Reload typically solves it, so it seems to be associated with the delay associated with loading the JPEG.

I suggest a return to a simpler gallery. The present format is too heavy.

mW4WvHj.jpg

Daniel Benson

Administrator
Mar 2, 2009
www.cyclingnews.com
Ta for that. I'll forward to the IT team. Can you share any other details on your operating system?

Development of galleries is one of the main things the editorial team have been pushing for in the last year or two.

Cheers

Dan

djconnel said:
Mac OS X 10.7.5
Chromium Version 25.0.1318.0 (166178)

This problem still occurs. It makes the galleries very tough to use. It appears related to download speed and synchronization of the photo with the HTML/Javascript: if the photo is slow to load then the statistics are corrupted and the placement is wrong. But that's just a guess.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Surely you're aware of the fact that, as of recently, the red, highlighted Live: Race Coverage banners still appear on the homepage looooooong after the race has finished?

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Since you changed the layout of the page I Always got a error message telling me that you are running a script and that the page is broken, after I start it again I can read on you page for a couple of minutes Before It happens again.

As being one of those who usally 3-5 times a day go to your webpage I visit only 4-5 times a week, and it´s increasing.

//Fritz

TRENDING THREADS