• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Welcome to the CN Forum - Come and introduce yourself

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Irondan,seems I'm not the only one but trust me, I'm already cured. This year I rode the Liegi Challenge, those were 263 superhard Km under heavy rain but I loved every one of them!!!!

Hey! Been a lurker a couple a years, now a poster of some time. I ride my bike to the job. It's one of those old bikes that cranks a lot and in every descent I pray (not holy praying) that it won't be my last descent.
One time I was in Tenerife, it was in 2008, and bycycled there. One guy sprinted past me up a hill and shouted "VAMOS!". Perhaps it was a pro as I later found out Astana was there at the time. Yes, with the Armstong. Too bad I couldn't follow wheel and mete Ferrari up top.
That's my bycycle story.

Re:

Dr.ugs said:
Hey! Been a lurker a couple a years, now a poster of some time. I ride my bike to the job. It's one of those old bikes that cranks a lot and in every descent I pray (not holy praying) that it won't be my last descent.
One time I was in Tenerife, it was in 2008, and bycycled there. One guy sprinted past me up a hill and shouted "VAMOS!". Perhaps it was a pro as I later found out Astana was there at the time. Yes, with the Armstong. Too bad I couldn't follow wheel and mete Ferrari up top.
That's my bycycle story.
Welcome!

Great story!

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Dr.ugs said:
That's my bycycle story.
Cool story bro.

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi I'm new but have been a lurker for years. I couldn't keep my mouth closed any longer so I created an account. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders by finally posting.

Howdy Folks!!! Name is Stryder and been reading the forum for a few years but only ever posted in the comments section under news stories but thought it was about time to contribute than just lurk around. Anyway I'm a cyclist from Melbourne in Oz, 6 x Everester and spend most of my time riding up hills and watching obscure euro races

Re:

StryderHells said:
Howdy Folks!!! Name is Stryder and been reading the forum for a few years but only ever posted in the comments section under news stories but thought it was about time to contribute than just lurk around. Anyway I'm a cyclist from Melbourne in Oz, 6 x Everester and spend most of my time riding up hills and watching obscure euro races
Welsome.
brokebiker said:
Hi I'm new but have been a lurker for years. I couldn't keep my mouth closed any longer so I created an account. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders by finally posting.
Welcome.

I hope this is the good introduction topic. I'm watching profesional cycling since Giro 2005. I'd automatically fall in love with Rujano&Parra tandem. Propably that's why i enjoy GTs and mountains much more than cobbles and classics. I'm more of a traceur and cycling fan rather than cyclist. I don't even have a bike and I'm not interested in having any. As a cycling fan I'm worried I'm still more of a casual. I wouldn't recognize between next cobbled belgian hope like i dunno Van Asbroeck and another Vandenbergh or whoever. There's too many of them, I want a belgian climber instead. Let there be some variety.

I'm peeking at this forum for about 2 years. I registered in only now because I'm at the ending phase of my bite on the Tour de France design and I've choosed this forum as it has a pretty developed design community so I will have fast and insightful opinions on what to fix in the future. I've tried to design a classic one day race too and I have one that I'm kinda happy so I'll post that when I'll figure it's description. Cheers.

railxmig said:
I hope this is the good introduction topic. I'm watching profesional cycling since Giro 2005. I'd automatically fall in love with Rujano&Parra tandem. Propably that's why i enjoy GTs and mountains much more than cobbles and classics. I'm more of a traceur and cycling fan rather than cyclist. I don't even have a bike and I'm not interested in having any. As a cycling fan I'm worried I'm still more of a casual. I wouldn't recognize between next cobbled belgian hope like i dunno Van Asbroeck and another Vandenbergh or whoever. There's too many of them, I want a belgian climber instead. Let there be some variety.

I'm peeking at this forum for about 2 years. I registered in only now because I'm at the ending phase of my bite on the Tour de France design and I've choosed this forum as it has a pretty developed design community so I will have fast and insightful opinions on what to fix in the future. I've tried to design a classic one day race too and I have one that I'm kinda happy so I'll post that when I'll figure it's description. Cheers.
Welcome!

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
railxmig said:

Welcome aboard railxmig! You'll be happy with the amount of people that know a good route on this forum. The GT organizers should just hire them to design their routes. :D

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello.

Long time lurker and thought I would start posting.

Spanish father, English mother, born in Spain and lived there until the family moved to England when I was 7 years old. My parentage means I love both Spain and England (UK I guess) and support riders/teams from both nations. Yes, wait for it, that means I root for both Alberto and Froome. I'm sure certain posters on here will now be reading this with mouth wide open, aghast. Anyway, that's just the way it is. :)

Despite my English allegiances I am hoping for a super 2016 for Spain, Landa (Giro), Alberto (Tour) and the legend that is Valverde (Rio).

Re:

pablopaul said:
Hello.

Spanish father, English mother, born in Spain and lived there until the family moved to England when I was 7 years old. My parentage means I love both Spain and England (UK I guess) and support riders/teams from both nations. Yes, wait for it, that means I root for both Alberto and Froome. I'm sure certain posters on here will now be reading this with mouth wide open, aghast. Anyway, that's just the way it is. :)

Despite my English allegiances I am hoping for a super 2016 for Spain, Landa (Giro), Alberto (Tour) and the legend that is Valverde (Rio).
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Be careful, you might crash the forum. :p

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Eshnar said:
pablopaul said:
Hello.

:eek:

Hmmm.. I did wonder. Are their others of my kind? :eek:

pablopaul said:
Eshnar said:
pablopaul said:
Hello.

For what it's worth, Froome and Alberto are my favourite stage racers too :p

Can't help but admire Froome considering his background and stuff, while Alberto is too entertaining to dislike. Can't say I'm a fan of either's fanbase though :p

PremierAndrew said:
pablopaul said:
Eshnar said:
pablopaul said:
Hello.

Can't help but admire Froome considering his background and stuff, while Alberto is too entertaining to dislike. Can't say I'm a fan of either's fanbase though :p

Long time lurker too. Today first post. Rooting for both above-mentioned riders as well. Think of me as you like.

dutchdescent said:
PremierAndrew said:
pablopaul said:
Eshnar said:
pablopaul said:
Hello.

Long time lurker too. Today first post. Rooting for both above-mentioned riders as well. Think of me as you like.
Welcome to CN Forums!