Welcome to the CN Forum - Come and introduce yourself

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 18, 2015
81
0
0
Thanks Irondan,seems I'm not the only one but trust me, I'm already cured. This year I rode the Liegi Challenge, those were 263 superhard Km under heavy rain but I loved every one of them!!!!
 
Aug 5, 2014
171
0
0
Hey! Been a lurker a couple a years, now a poster of some time. I ride my bike to the job. It's one of those old bikes that cranks a lot and in every descent I pray (not holy praying) that it won't be my last descent.
One time I was in Tenerife, it was in 2008, and bycycled there. One guy sprinted past me up a hill and shouted "VAMOS!". Perhaps it was a pro as I later found out Astana was there at the time. Yes, with the Armstong. Too bad I couldn't follow wheel and mete Ferrari up top.
That's my bycycle story.
 

Irondan

Administrator
Moderator
Re:

Dr.ugs said:
Hey! Been a lurker a couple a years, now a poster of some time. I ride my bike to the job. It's one of those old bikes that cranks a lot and in every descent I pray (not holy praying) that it won't be my last descent.
One time I was in Tenerife, it was in 2008, and bycycled there. One guy sprinted past me up a hill and shouted "VAMOS!". Perhaps it was a pro as I later found out Astana was there at the time. Yes, with the Armstong. Too bad I couldn't follow wheel and mete Ferrari up top.
That's my bycycle story.
Welcome!

Great story!
 
Sep 29, 2015
11
0
0
Re:

Dr.ugs said:
Hey! Been a lurker a couple a years, now a poster of some time. I ride my bike to the job. It's one of those old bikes that cranks a lot and in every descent I pray (not holy praying) that it won't be my last descent.
One time I was in Tenerife, it was in 2008, and bycycled there. One guy sprinted past me up a hill and shouted "VAMOS!". Perhaps it was a pro as I later found out Astana was there at the time. Yes, with the Armstong. Too bad I couldn't follow wheel and mete Ferrari up top.
That's my bycycle story.
Cool story bro.
 
Sep 29, 2015
11
0
0
Hi I'm new but have been a lurker for years. I couldn't keep my mouth closed any longer so I created an account. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders by finally posting.
 
Oct 10, 2015
2,059
0
0
Howdy Folks!!! Name is Stryder and been reading the forum for a few years but only ever posted in the comments section under news stories but thought it was about time to contribute than just lurk around. Anyway I'm a cyclist from Melbourne in Oz, 6 x Everester and spend most of my time riding up hills and watching obscure euro races
 
Re:

StryderHells said:
Howdy Folks!!! Name is Stryder and been reading the forum for a few years but only ever posted in the comments section under news stories but thought it was about time to contribute than just lurk around. Anyway I'm a cyclist from Melbourne in Oz, 6 x Everester and spend most of my time riding up hills and watching obscure euro races
Welsome.
brokebiker said:
Hi I'm new but have been a lurker for years. I couldn't keep my mouth closed any longer so I created an account. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders by finally posting.
Welcome.
 
I hope this is the good introduction topic. I'm watching profesional cycling since Giro 2005. I'd automatically fall in love with Rujano&Parra tandem. Propably that's why i enjoy GTs and mountains much more than cobbles and classics. I'm more of a traceur and cycling fan rather than cyclist. I don't even have a bike and I'm not interested in having any. As a cycling fan I'm worried I'm still more of a casual. I wouldn't recognize between next cobbled belgian hope like i dunno Van Asbroeck and another Vandenbergh or whoever. There's too many of them, I want a belgian climber instead. Let there be some variety.

I'm peeking at this forum for about 2 years. I registered in only now because I'm at the ending phase of my bite on the Tour de France design and I've choosed this forum as it has a pretty developed design community so I will have fast and insightful opinions on what to fix in the future. I've tried to design a classic one day race too and I have one that I'm kinda happy so I'll post that when I'll figure it's description. Cheers.
 

Irondan

Administrator
Moderator
railxmig said:
I hope this is the good introduction topic. I'm watching profesional cycling since Giro 2005. I'd automatically fall in love with Rujano&Parra tandem. Propably that's why i enjoy GTs and mountains much more than cobbles and classics. I'm more of a traceur and cycling fan rather than cyclist. I don't even have a bike and I'm not interested in having any. As a cycling fan I'm worried I'm still more of a casual. I wouldn't recognize between next cobbled belgian hope like i dunno Van Asbroeck and another Vandenbergh or whoever. There's too many of them, I want a belgian climber instead. Let there be some variety.

I'm peeking at this forum for about 2 years. I registered in only now because I'm at the ending phase of my bite on the Tour de France design and I've choosed this forum as it has a pretty developed design community so I will have fast and insightful opinions on what to fix in the future. I've tried to design a classic one day race too and I have one that I'm kinda happy so I'll post that when I'll figure it's description. Cheers.
Welcome!
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,821
0
0
railxmig said:
I hope this is the good introduction topic. I'm watching profesional cycling since Giro 2005. I'd automatically fall in love with Rujano&Parra tandem. Propably that's why i enjoy GTs and mountains much more than cobbles and classics. I'm more of a traceur and cycling fan rather than cyclist. I don't even have a bike and I'm not interested in having any. As a cycling fan I'm worried I'm still more of a casual. I wouldn't recognize between next cobbled belgian hope like i dunno Van Asbroeck and another Vandenbergh or whoever. There's too many of them, I want a belgian climber instead. Let there be some variety.

I'm peeking at this forum for about 2 years. I registered in only now because I'm at the ending phase of my bite on the Tour de France design and I've choosed this forum as it has a pretty developed design community so I will have fast and insightful opinions on what to fix in the future. I've tried to design a classic one day race too and I have one that I'm kinda happy so I'll post that when I'll figure it's description. Cheers.
Welcome aboard railxmig! You'll be happy with the amount of people that know a good route on this forum. The GT organizers should just hire them to design their routes. :D
 
torcia_86 said:
hi i'm francesco from italy, my first memory was marco pantani in 1998 giro & tour.... great fan of ivan basso!
Hello from the US! I saw your post in the CQ Game thread about sending pm's. You need 10 posts and then you'll be able to send your team in. 1 more post and you're good. :)
 
Feb 21, 2016
104
0
0
Hello.

Long time lurker and thought I would start posting.

Spanish father, English mother, born in Spain and lived there until the family moved to England when I was 7 years old. My parentage means I love both Spain and England (UK I guess) and support riders/teams from both nations. Yes, wait for it, that means I root for both Alberto and Froome. I'm sure certain posters on here will now be reading this with mouth wide open, aghast. Anyway, that's just the way it is. :)

Despite my English allegiances I am hoping for a super 2016 for Spain, Landa (Giro), Alberto (Tour) and the legend that is Valverde (Rio).
 
Re:

pablopaul said:
Hello.

Long time lurker and thought I would start posting.

Spanish father, English mother, born in Spain and lived there until the family moved to England when I was 7 years old. My parentage means I love both Spain and England (UK I guess) and support riders/teams from both nations. Yes, wait for it, that means I root for both Alberto and Froome. I'm sure certain posters on here will now be reading this with mouth wide open, aghast. Anyway, that's just the way it is. :)

Despite my English allegiances I am hoping for a super 2016 for Spain, Landa (Giro), Alberto (Tour) and the legend that is Valverde (Rio).
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Be careful, you might crash the forum. :p
 
Feb 21, 2016
104
0
0
Re: Re:

Eshnar said:
pablopaul said:
Hello.

Long time lurker and thought I would start posting.

Spanish father, English mother, born in Spain and lived there until the family moved to England when I was 7 years old. My parentage means I love both Spain and England (UK I guess) and support riders/teams from both nations. Yes, wait for it, that means I root for both Alberto and Froome. I'm sure certain posters on here will now be reading this with mouth wide open, aghast. Anyway, that's just the way it is. :)

Despite my English allegiances I am hoping for a super 2016 for Spain, Landa (Giro), Alberto (Tour) and the legend that is Valverde (Rio).
:eek:
Be careful, you might crash the forum. :p
Hmmm.. I did wonder. Are their others of my kind? :eek:
 
Re: Re:

pablopaul said:
Eshnar said:
pablopaul said:
Hello.

Long time lurker and thought I would start posting.

Spanish father, English mother, born in Spain and lived there until the family moved to England when I was 7 years old. My parentage means I love both Spain and England (UK I guess) and support riders/teams from both nations. Yes, wait for it, that means I root for both Alberto and Froome. I'm sure certain posters on here will now be reading this with mouth wide open, aghast. Anyway, that's just the way it is. :)

Despite my English allegiances I am hoping for a super 2016 for Spain, Landa (Giro), Alberto (Tour) and the legend that is Valverde (Rio).
Be careful, you might crash the forum. :p
Hmmm.. I did wonder. Are their others of my kind? :eek:
For what it's worth, Froome and Alberto are my favourite stage racers too :p

Can't help but admire Froome considering his background and stuff, while Alberto is too entertaining to dislike. Can't say I'm a fan of either's fanbase though :p
 
Re: Re:

PremierAndrew said:
pablopaul said:
Eshnar said:
pablopaul said:
Hello.

Long time lurker and thought I would start posting.

Spanish father, English mother, born in Spain and lived there until the family moved to England when I was 7 years old. My parentage means I love both Spain and England (UK I guess) and support riders/teams from both nations. Yes, wait for it, that means I root for both Alberto and Froome. I'm sure certain posters on here will now be reading this with mouth wide open, aghast. Anyway, that's just the way it is. :)

Despite my English allegiances I am hoping for a super 2016 for Spain, Landa (Giro), Alberto (Tour) and the legend that is Valverde (Rio).
Be careful, you might crash the forum. :p
Hmmm.. I did wonder. Are their others of my kind? :eek:
For what it's worth, Froome and Alberto are my favourite stage racers too :p

Can't help but admire Froome considering his background and stuff, while Alberto is too entertaining to dislike. Can't say I'm a fan of either's fanbase though :p

Long time lurker too. Today first post. Rooting for both above-mentioned riders as well. Think of me as you like.
 

Irondan

Administrator
Moderator
Re: Re:

dutchdescent said:
PremierAndrew said:
pablopaul said:
Eshnar said:
pablopaul said:
Hello.

Long time lurker and thought I would start posting.

Spanish father, English mother, born in Spain and lived there until the family moved to England when I was 7 years old. My parentage means I love both Spain and England (UK I guess) and support riders/teams from both nations. Yes, wait for it, that means I root for both Alberto and Froome. I'm sure certain posters on here will now be reading this with mouth wide open, aghast. Anyway, that's just the way it is. :)

Despite my English allegiances I am hoping for a super 2016 for Spain, Landa (Giro), Alberto (Tour) and the legend that is Valverde (Rio).
Be careful, you might crash the forum. :p
Hmmm.. I did wonder. Are their others of my kind? :eek:
For what it's worth, Froome and Alberto are my favourite stage racers too :p

Can't help but admire Froome considering his background and stuff, while Alberto is too entertaining to dislike. Can't say I'm a fan of either's fanbase though :p

Long time lurker too. Today first post. Rooting for both above-mentioned riders as well. Think of me as you like.
Welcome to CN Forums!
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY