• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Welcome to the CN Forum - Come and introduce yourself

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 9, 2016
1
0
0
Hi, I don't know where to report this issue as I cannot PM any moderator I've been permanently banned for creating an account (Merphos) while serving only a 3 days ban with BlurryVII, which at the time I didn't know was totally forbidden, I didn't put much thought into it to be fair. And since then there's no coming back, everytime I create another account, I get perma banned again for the same reason: "sockpuppet account of BlurryVII" .. I don't really understand since all of that just kicked off from a small mistake on my part and not from a scandalous post.
 
Aug 22, 2014
302
0
0
Re:

BlurryVIII said:
Hi, I don't know where to report this issue as I cannot PM any moderator I've been permanently banned for creating an account (Merphos) while serving only a 3 days ban with BlurryVII, which at the time I didn't know was totally forbidden, I didn't put much thought into it to be fair. And since then there's no coming back, everytime I create another account, I get perma banned again for the same reason: "sockpuppet account of BlurryVII" .. I don't really understand since all of that just kicked off from a small mistake on my part and not from a scandalous post.
Welcome to the forum :)
 
Re:

BlurryVIII said:
Hi, I don't know where to report this issue as I cannot PM any moderator I've been permanently banned for creating an account (Merphos) while serving only a 3 days ban with BlurryVII, which at the time I didn't know was totally forbidden, I didn't put much thought into it to be fair. And since then there's no coming back, everytime I create another account, I get perma banned again for the same reason: "sockpuppet account of BlurryVII" even though it's clear that it's me (ie BlurryVI).. I don't really understand since all of that just kicked off from a small mistake on my part and not from a scandalous post.
Claiming ignorance of forum rules which are posted at the top of every sub-forum is not an excuse.

Creating another account "sockpuppet" while on a ban is not a "small mistake" but rather a large one. In fact, it's one of the very few that come with a permaban.

This rule has been in place since the beginning of the forum and will not be changing anytime soon.

I'm sorry, but you will have to find another forum elsewhere to post comments.
 
Aug 12, 2016
42
0
0
Hello, my name is Vredeling from the Netherlands,

I've been a huge cycling fan since over 20 years now. And I am just finding my way on the new forum here. Still getting used to the forum. But alrdy saw some really cool topics.

If I knew this forum sooner, would've been here years a go :)
 
Aug 12, 2016
42
0
0
Ty too Irondan

Guys can I ask you a question? When do I get the rights to open a topic? I've tried to yesterday but then it said administrator wil look into it first before placing it.

I saw there is a fantasy cycling games section. Want to ask other members to share all the Vuelta games they know about..
 
Aug 22, 2014
302
0
0
Firstly welcome, on the thread opening I know you can't send private messages until you get to ten posts maybe it's the same for threads, I'm not sure though, if you had less than that when you tried before it might work now.
 
Re:

vredeling said:
Ty too Irondan

Guys can I ask you a question? When do I get the rights to open a topic? I've tried to yesterday but then it said administrator wil look into it first before placing it.

I saw there is a fantasy cycling games section. Want to ask other members to share all the Vuelta games they know about..
I was always under the assumption that you could create a thread topic immediately.

Perhaps a word you chose triggered one of the filters built into the forum software.

Try it again, if you still can't open a thread send me a screenshot of the dialogue that the software initiates in a PM.
 
Aug 8, 2016
84
0
0
Hello everyone! Portuguese cycling fan since my 15's maybe (i'm 20 now). Really glad to find this forum since i don't have friends that share with me the love for this sport. Looking forward to understand more and more about cycling and all around it!
 
Re:

Sykes said:
Hello everyone! Portuguese cycling fan since my 15's maybe (i'm 20 now). Really glad to find this forum since i don't have friends that share with me the love for this sport. Looking forward to understand more and more about cycling and all around it!
Welcome to the CN Forums!

Have a look around and don't hesitate to share your opinion whenever you see fit. :)
 
Oct 25, 2016
24
0
0
Hello there!
Just joined,from Sheffield in Sunny Yorkshire :lol:
Do you need to have a specific number of posts before you can upload an Avatar?
 
Re:

Ibbo68 said:
Hello there!
Just joined,from Sheffield in Sunny Yorkshire :lol:
Do you need to have a specific number of posts before you can upload an Avatar?
Hi! Welcome to the CN Forums!

I don't really know the answer to your question, but you can try and upload it and see what happens. If it won't upload I'm guessing it will after 10 posts.

Cheers
 
Re:

Ibbo68 said:
Hello there!
Just joined,from Sheffield in Sunny Yorkshire :lol:
Do you need to have a specific number of posts before you can upload an Avatar?
Welcome!
It could be what Irondan said, or it could be that the file you're trying to upload is to big.
 
Oct 25, 2016
24
0
0
Re: Re:

Jspear said:
Ibbo68 said:
Hello there!
Just joined,from Sheffield in Sunny Yorkshire :lol:
Do you need to have a specific number of posts before you can upload an Avatar?
Welcome!
It could be what Irondan said, or it could be that the file you're trying to upload is to big.
Thanks for the replies.
At the moment it states Avatar edit disabled so I'm guessing it's a minimum post requirement.
 
Oct 25, 2016
24
0
0
Re: Re:

BigMac said:
Irondan said:
BigMac said:
Yes, there's a minimum post limit for uploading avatars. Welcome to the forum. :)
I'm assuming it's 10 posts, yes?
I don't know for sure but I'm guessing it's something like that.
I know it's usual practice on Forums with Classified?For Sale sections to have a minimum post count but have never come across one for Avatars.It's no real issue :)
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Eshnar Forum Feedback 284
Pantani Attacks Forum Feedback 12

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS