• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Welcome to the CN Forum - Come and introduce yourself

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I don't know where to report this issue as I cannot PM any moderator I've been permanently banned for creating an account (Merphos) while serving only a 3 days ban with BlurryVII, which at the time I didn't know was totally forbidden, I didn't put much thought into it to be fair. And since then there's no coming back, everytime I create another account, I get perma banned again for the same reason: "sockpuppet account of BlurryVII" .. I don't really understand since all of that just kicked off from a small mistake on my part and not from a scandalous post.

snccdcno

BANNED
Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re:

BlurryVIII said:
Hi, I don't know where to report this issue as I cannot PM any moderator I've been permanently banned for creating an account (Merphos) while serving only a 3 days ban with BlurryVII, which at the time I didn't know was totally forbidden, I didn't put much thought into it to be fair. And since then there's no coming back, everytime I create another account, I get perma banned again for the same reason: "sockpuppet account of BlurryVII" .. I don't really understand since all of that just kicked off from a small mistake on my part and not from a scandalous post.

Welcome to the forum :)

Re:

BlurryVIII said:
Hi, I don't know where to report this issue as I cannot PM any moderator I've been permanently banned for creating an account (Merphos) while serving only a 3 days ban with BlurryVII, which at the time I didn't know was totally forbidden, I didn't put much thought into it to be fair. And since then there's no coming back, everytime I create another account, I get perma banned again for the same reason: "sockpuppet account of BlurryVII" even though it's clear that it's me (ie BlurryVI).. I don't really understand since all of that just kicked off from a small mistake on my part and not from a scandalous post.
Claiming ignorance of forum rules which are posted at the top of every sub-forum is not an excuse.

Creating another account "sockpuppet" while on a ban is not a "small mistake" but rather a large one. In fact, it's one of the very few that come with a permaban.

This rule has been in place since the beginning of the forum and will not be changing anytime soon.

I'm sorry, but you will have to find another forum elsewhere to post comments.

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Hello, my name is Vredeling from the Netherlands,

I've been a huge cycling fan since over 20 years now. And I am just finding my way on the new forum here. Still getting used to the forum. But alrdy saw some really cool topics.

If I knew this forum sooner, would've been here years a go :)

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Ty too Irondan

Guys can I ask you a question? When do I get the rights to open a topic? I've tried to yesterday but then it said administrator wil look into it first before placing it.

I saw there is a fantasy cycling games section. Want to ask other members to share all the Vuelta games they know about..

snccdcno

BANNED
Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Firstly welcome, on the thread opening I know you can't send private messages until you get to ten posts maybe it's the same for threads, I'm not sure though, if you had less than that when you tried before it might work now.

Re:

vredeling said:
Ty too Irondan

Guys can I ask you a question? When do I get the rights to open a topic? I've tried to yesterday but then it said administrator wil look into it first before placing it.

I saw there is a fantasy cycling games section. Want to ask other members to share all the Vuelta games they know about..
I was always under the assumption that you could create a thread topic immediately.

Perhaps a word you chose triggered one of the filters built into the forum software.

Try it again, if you still can't open a thread send me a screenshot of the dialogue that the software initiates in a PM.

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone! Portuguese cycling fan since my 15's maybe (i'm 20 now). Really glad to find this forum since i don't have friends that share with me the love for this sport. Looking forward to understand more and more about cycling and all around it!

Re:

Sykes said:
Hello everyone! Portuguese cycling fan since my 15's maybe (i'm 20 now). Really glad to find this forum since i don't have friends that share with me the love for this sport. Looking forward to understand more and more about cycling and all around it!
Welcome to the CN Forums!

Have a look around and don't hesitate to share your opinion whenever you see fit. :)

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Jspear said:
Ibbo68 said:
Hello there!
Just joined,from Sheffield in Sunny Yorkshire :lol:
Do you need to have a specific number of posts before you can upload an Avatar?

Welcome!
It could be what Irondan said, or it could be that the file you're trying to upload is to big.
Thanks for the replies.
At the moment it states Avatar edit disabled so I'm guessing it's a minimum post requirement.

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

BigMac said:
Irondan said:
BigMac said:
Yes, there's a minimum post limit for uploading avatars. Welcome to the forum. :)
I'm assuming it's 10 posts, yes?

I don't know for sure but I'm guessing it's something like that.
I know it's usual practice on Forums with Classified?For Sale sections to have a minimum post count but have never come across one for Avatars.It's no real issue :)

TRENDING THREADS