• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 139 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Interesting article on Frishkorn, pretty consistent with the believable reports over the years...wonder how he got along with Vandevelde though at Garmin based on what he currently thinks of "ex-dopers who got rich".

Sounds like Levi here :
"Frischkorn mentions one well-known American rider who enjoyed exactly that kind of lift, who won a lot of major races over the years, and consequently enjoyed considerable success", but maybe not since his name appears at the end of the article so why not here...too specific?

webvan said:
Interesting article on Frishkorn, pretty consistent with the believable reports over the years...wonder how he got along with Vandevelde though at Garmin based on what he currently thinks of "ex-dopers who got rich".

Sounds like Levi here :
"Frischkorn mentions one well-known American rider who enjoyed exactly that kind of lift, who won a lot of major races over the years, and consequently enjoyed considerable success", but maybe not since his name appears at the end of the article so why not here...too specific?

If your name is in the USADA documents unredacted as a doper, then the name will appear here, so it won't be Levi, Hincapie or the Garmin 4.

49706438.jpg

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Will Frischkorn

http://www.theouterline.com/perspectives-on-doping-in-pro-cycling-3-will-frischkorn/

Will might not say his name but I will, it was Chris Horner.

How do you know its Horner? Could be Danielson as well.

Sure, there will always be people who cheat, but they’re beginning to stand out more like a sore thumb; the rest of the peloton knows about them, or they’re just not very good. They’re not going to be as much of a factor in the future, Frischkorn says.

JV is that you? :rolleyes:

Tinman said:
Hog you still going underground at Garmin next few weeks?

I will if JV will still have me. But I pay my own way. And the article will only be a thread in the Clinic. I will go in peace and as an observer. Let's see what comes.

Back to Horner. I think he's talking smack again:

But I don’t really care. I'm going to give it a go and see. In bike racing, you don't need 100 percent form to win, you don't always need to be the best.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/horner-hoping-to-find-his-form-at-the-tour-de-france

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Tinman said:
With his old age I think we will see him getting stronger after each of the rest days. Maybe even win a mountain top in week 3.

Yeah those doped late twenties riders can't hope to recover as swiftly as 42 year old clean Horner. He'll be very strong in the third week.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
If the forum was "inherently" anti Froome then there would have been threads about Froome before he overnight turned himself into the most physiologically dominant cyclist that ever lived.

I think however that if you search for clinic references for Froome pre August 2011, you'll get as many hits as you'll find of Froome's references of Bilharzia before he decided he needed an excuse- 0

Same goes for Sky. You'll find a strong correlation between them lying through their teeth and their popularity in the clinic.

Which proves there's nothing inherently anti Sky or Froome here at all. Just anti lying and cheating.

It is true that some posters had a more positive reaction to Froome crashing out than Contador. That's just 1 or 2 posters though hardly the whole clinic.

Me I feel far worse about Contador crashing out cos I really wanted a verified doper to win the Tour just to laugh at the apologists and hypocrites trying to sing the "new era" song with a Contador win following the evans, froome and wiggins ones. It makes me really upset atm that a total fluke has robbed me of that, maybe for ever.
But I still was upset that Froome crashed out. I wanted to see his clearly doped performances go under scrutiny again.

Hitch there is still plenty to see from Valv-Piti and famous one-leg-rider-Horner... Thus you don´t have to be upset.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
As I said. I want a verified doper to win the tour de France because it would destroy the argument the hypocrites make about it being a new era. I don't care who comes 17th on gc. It's a meaningless position.

And what if that guy currently sits 17th improves to 3rd, and then goes on to win the Vuelta again?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
The guy in 17th is not a verified doper.

And the chances of him finishing 3rd are tiny. Winning vuelta, even smaller.

As the guy you described "I wanted to see his clearly doped performances go under scrutiny again" is also no verified doper. Thus, sorry to say that, your post is full of hypocrisy. Even though you described others as ones in that same post.