• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 140 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Granville57 said:
I wonder how far we can play this out.

Hitch vouching for Horner.

Foxxy vouching for Contador.

I'll vouch for Klöden.

:D

Until the hypocrisy stops I guess. :D

In that matter, the OP (of the "The Clinic is inherently anti-Sky / anti-Froome" thread) was right...

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
SeriousSam said:
Yeah those doped late twenties riders can't hope to recover as swiftly as 42 year old clean Horner. He'll be very strong in the third week.

the sceptic said:
I hope he will peak for the vuelta, so we can get a Dawg-Horner showdown to finally find out who is the best, without tailwinds.

3 possibilities of why 40something or 50something (who really cares) Horner is currently beating 150+ guys with a half dead body:
1.) All his opponents ride clean(ish) while Horner is on his usual over-the-top doping, thus capable of beating world class riders 20 to 30 years younger than him.
2.) He is a true alien showing mankind to ride a 3 week bike race at high speeds with minimal training upfront.
3.) He is LA in a Horner costume...

Froome will have zero chance if they meet at the Vuelta, when Horner is at the startline with a full-working body and two full-working legs. It will be the most grotesque cycling circus we ever witnessed in the doping riddled history of the sport.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Afrank said:
I've moved the off topic posts in the 'The Clinic is inherently anti-Sky/Froome' thread to the appropriate thread.

Happy Foxxy? :rolleyes:

Almost. ;) Just put the Hitch post that ignited the "battle" upfront, so that the interested reader can see the context.

Thx upfront. :)

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Rest day today, week 3 coming. Old guys get stronger as GTs progress. Wait for the run to a podium or at least some amazing climbing performances.

Tinman said:
Rest day today, week 3 coming. Old guys get stronger as GTs progress. Wait for the run to a podium or at least some amazing climbing performances.

My "post last rest day" watch list:

Horner
Valverde
Schleck
JVDB

(and no I don't think the model is used only by the old guys)

edit: so Schleck, Horner and JVDB dropped hard on the climb.
Valverde barely hanging on.

But then the youngsters really did put the hammer down. Hard.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
el chava said:
Rui Costa out with pneumonia. Horner massacre coming up!!

Let the alien freak show begin... no-holds-barred

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9M4gtbNwiU

His head veins are so thick b/c of Epo and extra blood, his head wants to explode.

There was a better (actual after stage TdF 2014) alien interview in the Förstemann thread (inclusive the stitches on his right side; he looked like a true zombie), but it got deleted*. It happens every time Horner jokes are made (I mean he is one, literally). I guess Afrank feels real offended every time the worst ever doper gets called out... :p

* May the poster who linked it there can do it here? I searched for it hard, but couldn´t find it. Thx in advance. :)

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
el chava said:
Rui Costa out with pneumonia. Horner massacre coming up!!

Yeah let the freak show begin. No-holds-barred.

http://www.cyclingfans.com/node/13966

What a freak: He looks half-dead belonging to a hospital, like a intruder from outer space (Spielberg should cast him for his next movie), and like a doper so full of extra blood and Epo, it seems his head veins want to explode... And that all at once. :eek:

It´s just disgusting. I still have hope he gets busted once and for all in this TdF. I can´t stand to see this Punch anymore.

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
It´s just disgusting. I still have hope he gets busted once and for all in this TdF. I can´t stand to see this Punch anymore.

Woah, woah, woah. Horner is cleans. Most talented grandad ever. I have some "Me so hornery" t shirts ready to go to print honoring his velta defence. Hit me up on MySpace to order.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Isn't it interesting how Horner and Porte have had the same plights this year in not having an absolute clear run to the GTs in terms of being healthy yet they both performed so strongly at their respective GTs (TdF for Porte, Vuelta for Horner) and are running around the same position atm? :rolleyes:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Impossible. Horner outdopes everyone (inclusive Sky and Tinkoff)... hell, he even oudopes LA, Rijs and Co. in their 90s heydays...

Are you saying that Horner a 43 year old career underachiever who has never had a lucrative paycheck and probably struggles sometimes to pay the bills can afford a better and undetectable doping program than everyone else in the pro tour? Or maybe the UCI is protecting riders at a cut rate today?
We get it, you hate Horner more than everyone else, but you are just looking silly now.

darwin553 said:
Isn't it interesting how Horner and Porte have had the same plights this year in not having an absolute clear run to the GTs in terms of being healthy yet they both performed so strongly at their respective GTs (TdF for Porte, Vuelta for Horner) and are running around the same position atm? :rolleyes:

Crashes for one, illnesses for the other

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Are you saying that Horner a 43 year old career underachiever who has never had a lucrative paycheck and probably struggles sometimes to pay the bills can afford a better and undetectable doping program than everyone else in the pro tour? Or maybe the UCI is protecting riders at a cut rate today?
We get it, you hate Horner more than everyone else, but you are just looking silly now.

Not sure that is a matter of money, I believe that he has nothing to loose so he can pust a bit more the limits. If caught, he will just retire a bit early, with a Vuelta in his pocket.

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Impossible. Horner outdopes everyone (inclusive Sky and Tinkoff)... hell, he even oudopes LA, Rijs and Co. in their 90s heydays...

poupou said:
Not sure that is a matter of money, I believe that he has nothing to loose so he can pust a bit more the limits. If caught, he will just retire a bit early, with a Vuelta in his pocket.

If Foxxy had written that I would not be disagreeing with him. Pushing the limits a bit more in 2014 does not = "LA, Riis and Co. in their 90's heyday", however.
Foxxy is just a hater. :D

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
If Foxxy had written that I would not be disagreeing with him. Pushing the limits a bit more in 2014 does not = "LA, Riis and Co. in their 90's heyday", however.

OFC I am. Because it makes absolute no sense, absolute not normal, that a 43 year old is able to go with the worlds best (and assumed by many, doped too) young riders up the mountains. That is an even bigger insult to working brains than any crazy transformations in the history of sports. Never ever were world class athlets improving their performance after age 36 until Horner came around. That was unseen before. So my hate comes solely because he insults me like no one before in sports did. Especially when riding half dead and/or with one leg out of the saddle.
So yes I hate him, like I did hate LA when he insulted me. But I have forgiven LA. He is history... he at least was convicted.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Hugh Januss said:

Isn't he going to come out later and say, "nah nah I was just kidding. I really love Horner, got his poster on my wall. Just wanted to play with you all."?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:

+1
I think the thread itself is a lot of wasted hard disk space.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
OFC I am. Because it makes absolute no sense, absolute not normal, that a 43 year old is able to go with the worlds best (and assumed by many, doped too) young riders up the mountains. That is an even bigger insult to working brains than any crazy transformations in the history of sports. Never ever were world class athlets improving their performance after age 36 until Horner came around. That was unseen before. So my hate comes solely because he insults me like no one before in sports did. Especially when riding half dead and/or with one leg out of the saddle.
So yes I hate him, like I did hate LA when he insulted me. But I have forgiven LA. He is history... he at least was convicted.

A lot of clean riders in the 90s and 2000s were considered subpar but they didn't dope and in current conditions are finally showing how good they were in a clean peloton. In that context Chris just hung in long enough to show how good he is when the race is tailor made for a rider like him. Great climber not so good at the TT. Vuelta had climbs tailored for his particular talent and the field was within his grip. Will he ever repeat? I would not bet on it but I would not bet against it either. We recognize it is possible that CH is cheating but even more amazing is what super dope that can turn a donkey into a 43 year old race horse is revealed. You know a guy who has to race into his 40s so he can afford to retire. How can anyone love bike racing enough to be a pro into your 40s? I am sorry that you might be angry at your own issues because I can't see how he is cheating and so far I have not seen a single post that identifies it. You say he cannot possibly win at 42 and from the talent you give him credit for he would have to dope in such an obvious way that even you could figure it out. If he is micro managing his blood profile it still means he is a great rider because the donkeys are getting caught now. CH has no superstar profile and no one is protecting him insomuch as you might like to believe the UCI protects riders they are not protecting CH. If anything it would play very well if they can prove a 42 year old that wins a grand tour must be cheating. I am sure we all appreciate your reluctance but you need a step back because you are getting over the top. You might remember that when LA was running his game CH was in the USA because he was not having any success in Euro land. He was winning US races of course I am sure all this has been said several times.

TRENDING THREADS