• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 69 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ferminal said:
To let them know they need to be tested?

Hmm. Fair point. I don't know what they could do in the time it took for the testers to get to him if he's just in a different hotel. But if he's not there, then it's a whereabouts violation.

If it's both the Spanish and USADA who wanted him, does that count as 2 violations? ;)

Galic Ho said:
Nibali. Kreuziger. The Chicken. Ricco. Basso. You missed a few. I will thus run with one of them. We all know the Pope would make the list to if he hadn't vanished from the pro scene. Has his bank account been unfrozen by any chance by the Italian feds?

It's not hard to point out people who are most likely doping, but I'm looking for the ones that don't dope. Apparently there's not a single person in the people who would be a rightful GT winner, so what I don't understand is why posters on this forum go insane when someone who's doping beats another doper.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
They have been trying to get a positive from him for a years.

ok.

so horner's case is in fact boiling down to another usada vs. uci quibble.

imo not implausible that horner was tipped off here, though we probably won't know either way.

was he at all tested during the vuelta?

and if so, was mcquaid himself one of the chaperones?

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
sniper said:
ok.

so horner's case is in fact boiling down to another usada vs. uci quibble.

imo not implausible that horner was tipped off here, though we probably won't know either way.

was he at all tested during the vuelta?

and if so, was mcquaid himself one of the chaperones?

Isn't it compulsory to test the stage winners?

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
TourOfSardinia said:
this this this

Courtesy of the brers at the other place, something happened that piqued their interest!

0MPEGi8.jpg

Dani Sánchez ‏@DaniBici
@caflockton: En cima de L'Angliru, Horner, rodeado de periodistas. Le vi y oí decir: "¿Dónde está el chaperon? Tiene que estar conmigo".

Colin ‏@Caflockton 44m at top of angliru as horner was being ushered round interviews etc i saw and heard him say where's my control guy, he has to stay with me.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
EnacheV said:
hahahaha

and again

hahahaha

all the guys you mentioned are heavy dopers

I know dude. I know. As I was quoting Dennis Menchov the forum member not racer, I found it odd he listed tons of known dopers but missed Nibali. I guess he never heard about Ferrari motorpacing Pellizotti and Nibali before the 2010 Giro. Oh well his problem.

I thought it was obvious I was joking when I mentioned the Pope aka the real Dennis Menchov. Everyone knows what they were doing at Rabo courtesy of the chicken.

Just trying to get some more laughs going...glad you found it funny. Not sure if you realised my sarcasm, but it's all good. Sorry for not using an emoticon. ;)

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
DenisMenchov said:
It's not hard to point out people who are most likely doping, but I'm looking for the ones that don't dope. Apparently there's not a single person in the people who would be a rightful GT winner, so what I don't understand is why posters on this forum go insane when someone who's doping beats another doper.

That is a really long conversation. Regarding Horner it pretty much goes down to his age. If he were 12 years younger, even 8 or 10, few would be batting an eyelid. Throw in his love fest for Lance after USADA's reasoned decision and his total 180 turn around to being anti doping and then suddenly all for it and playing the omerta ball game...yeah, it just all adds up.

I think of it as how much are the riders insulting the intelligence of those who know riders dope. Lately they've been setting new peaks in how far they're willing to go.

Also nationality and racing style play a part. But I won't get into that.

Galic Ho said:
I know dude. I know. As I was quoting Dennis Menchov the forum member not racer, I found it odd he listed tons of known dopers but missed Nibali. I guess he never heard about Ferrari motorpacing Pellizotti and Nibali before the 2010 Giro. Oh well his problem.

I thought it was obvious I was joking when I mentioned the Pope aka the real Dennis Menchov. Everyone knows what they were doing at Rabo courtesy of the chicken.

Just trying to get some more laughs going...glad you found it funny. Not sure if you realised my sarcasm, but it's all good. Sorry for not using an emoticon. ;)

As far as I remember it was not Kreuziger and Nibali, but Pelizotti and Nibali and it was not before 2010 Giro, but before 2009 Tour. Also, lets not forget that Nibali has always denied it, not just motorpacing, but said that he has never met Ferrari.

Von Mises said:
As far as I remember it was not Kreuziger and Nibali, but Pelizotti and Nibali and it was not before 2010 Giro, but before 2009 Tour. Also, lets not forget that Nibali has always denied it, not just motorpacing, but said that he has never met Ferrari.
Of course he denied it, but thanks to Bertagnolli we now know basically all the top brass at Liquigas worked with Ferrari. Chances are Nibbles did too.

Horner won't mind if people on this forum suspect him of doping. Everyone's a suspect here, even Voeckler. The result of accusing anybody is that people don't mind anymore when something really absurd happens in cycling, like Horner winning the Vuelta. The non-clinic forum is full of praise for Horner and La Vuelta was voted greatest race of the year.

Nowadays you can divide the followers of cycling into two groups:
1. Those who believe everyone's a doper
2. Those who also believe everyone's a doper, but don't mind.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Von Mises said:

I re-read that. Changed it to Pellizotti. Was thinking Franco, but wrote Roman. Dunno why.

As for the year...yep you're right. Was between the 2009 Giro and Tour. Franco was plugged just before the 2010 Giro. My bad. You're right.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
Of course he denied it, but thanks to Bertagnolli we now know basically all the top brass at Liquigas worked with Ferrari. Chances are Nibbles did too.

Vino is highly thought to be a Ferrari client. Vino's numero uno acquisition for 2013 was Nibali who hit a level at the Giro he's never been at. Do we need to put two and two together to figure out the answer is most likely 4?

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Pantani_lives said:
Horner won't mind if people on this forum suspect him of doping. Everyone's a suspect here, even Voeckler. The result of accusing anybody is that people don't mind anymore when something really absurd happens in cycling, like Horner winning the Vuelta. The non-clinic forum is full of praise for Horner and La Vuelta was voted greatest race of the year.

Nowadays you can divide the followers of cycling into two groups:
1. Those who believe everyone's a doper
2. Those who also believe everyone's a doper, but don't mind.

Maybe in Southern Europe those two are true.

In the Anglo saxon countries bro, the nutters literally think guys ride clean. Full natty. No drugs. Only evil people like Armstrong dope the rest suffered racing clean.

No joke. :)