• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 163 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Master50 said:
If you ever can tell that for all riders

No. I only can tell that when it´s too obvious. Like I did with Mosquera (he later got busted), AC (later got busted), and a few other ones I just don´t remember now... but never was it as obvious as it is with Horner. A big time cheater with no morals at all. Other dopers at least try to look believable.

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
No. I only can tell that when it´s too obvious. Like I did with Mosquera (he later got busted), AC (later got busted), and a few other ones I just don´t remember now... but never was it as obvious as it is with Horner. A big time cheater with no morals at all. Other dopers at least try to look believable.

Really? Horner is blood doping and that makes him stand out from the crowd exactly how?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Really? Horner is blood doping and that makes him stand out from the crowd exactly how? You need to take a deep breathe and a midol. Or three.

So we start from A again?
I only call those dopers of whom I am absolutely sure about. Unlike the "they dope all" fraction in the clinic.
So what is your post supposed to mean (outside of attacking)?
That you are 100% sure that, let´s say Degenkolb dopes? :confused:

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Really? Horner is blood doping and that makes him stand out from the crowd exactly how?

I think Foxxy's point is that Horner winning at GT at his age is what makes his doping so brazenly insulting. But I like your midol joke, because, you know, women and their periods, amIright? Freakin' hilarious.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Wallace said:
I think Foxxy's point is that Horner winning at GT at his age is what makes his doping so brazenly insulting.

... and his non results in his previous stint in europe when he was young, his coming and going out of/to nowhere after peaking for a GT injured, and so on... It´s so much.

Wallace said:
But I like your midol joke, because, you know, women and their periods, amIright? Freakin' hilarious.

I don´t like it. BTW, he knows from my posting history I am not a woman. His only attempt was another round of going as low as possible against me...

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
... and his non results in his previous stint in europe when he was young, his coming and going out of/to nowhere after peaking for a GT injured, and so on... It´s so much.

I don´t like it. BTW, he knows from my posting history I am not a woman. His only attempt was another round of going as low as possible against me...

CH 1st experience in Europe is evidence he was racing clean. His current performances are proof the level of cheating has dialled back at least enough that races are being won without doping.
When you predicted AC was on. I am sure you predicted he took a weight controlling drug too? CH current successes in Europe could just be proof the game has changed but hey I suppose this is the clinic.
SO explain how a rider dominating North American races goes to Europe and finds he is pack filler? This at a time when he was doing well against these same pros from North America before they went to Euro land?
I appreciate it is possible you have another one for your list of dopers but in context of his career I find it incredible he starts doping at a time when his doping limits are much harder to cross? He raced clean all those years to cross the line in his late 30s? I can hear you lay claim he was doping back then too but is defies any sense of logic? I am afraid you may wait a long time to see him caught.

Master50 said:
CH 1st experience in Europe is evidence he was racing clean. His current performances are proof the level of cheating has dialled back at least enough that races are being won without doping.

Yes, and Froomie's transformation is perfectly legitimate. It happens all the time..... with oxygen vector doping.

Master50 said:
SO explain how a rider dominating North American races goes to Europe and finds he is pack filler? This at a time when he was doing well against these same pros from North America before they went to Euro land?
His Euro competitors were doping.

Master50 said:
doping limits are much harder to cross?

Whatever you do, don't read Ashenden's detailed explanation of how EPO micro dosing works. And please, ignore the absurd T/E ratio and primitive Test urinalysis. How about that HGH test too? And what about the giant hole in the bio-passport for grand tours? There's always the "Call Zorzoli for a TUE!" All of these opportunities are alive and well in 2014.

And please, please PLEASE don't read about outside analysis of Horner's own values by a WADA expert.

However, I agree with you. The UCI are likely doing this the quiet way and demoting the guy. Horner is never tested positive.

Master50 said:
When you predicted AC was on. I am sure you predicted he took a weight controlling drug too? CH current successes in Europe could just be proof the game has changed but hey I suppose this is the clinic.
I appreciate it is possible you have another one for your list of dopers but in context of his career I find it incredible he starts doping at a time when his doping limits are much harder to cross? He raced clean all those years to cross the line in his late 30s? I can hear you lay claim he was doping back then too but is defies any sense of logic? I am afraid you may wait a long time to see him caught.

While I agree with you that he was likely mostly clean (no oxygen vector doping) his first time around, his performances in last year's Vuelta ate not explainable clean. He was riding as fast as any doper ever has. That is the opposite of "proof the game has changed" it's proof the game has changed very little.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
red_flanders said:
While I agree with you that he was likely mostly clean (no oxygen vector doping) his first time around

And he was so bad clean, that he couldn´t hold wheels of his clean opponents like Casar and Moncoutie. That means OTOH he is a major responder to EPO/blood doping like LA was. May even better since his highest W/Kg numbers came after age 40. :eek:

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

Sorry--I guess my sarcasm didn't come across.

Looks like Cowboy's season is over
5275340888866816.png

TRENDING THREADS