• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win 2012 Tour de France v2.0

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win 2012 TdF v2.0

• Alejandro Valverde

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
unrelated I was reading the ozzie tdf magazine today, apparently bmc have the strongest team in all regards.

They say RSNT do as well.

It is ridiculous how low Europcar, Rabobank, Euskatel and Movistar are ( 7 ). Liquigas are also given a 6. Katusha should definitely not be given an 8- which puts them on par with Sky

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Was looking through the TDF route a while ago.
And no way is it easy like some people say it is.
There are quite a lot of tough mountain stages.
Although the MTFs are relatively easy.

dlwssonic said:
Was looking through the TDF route a while ago.
And no way is it easy like some people say it is.
There are quite a lot of tough mountain stages.
Although the MTFs are relatively easy.

The "joy" of team radio able to constantly update everyone on everyone else's performances and position makes the field very conservative. I'll be surprised if any legitimate GC contender (i.e. anyone who has a shot at a top 10 finish) in this years field takes the gamble of trying to make a move on any stage other than the two MTF and the two stages that finish right at the foot of a descent.

Prudhomme has essentially told them they'll have to make a move on other stages, as climbers can't just rely on the MTF stages.

"The inspiration of this 99th edition, which will set off from the Province of Liège, has encouraged us to make intermediate mountains essential features of the route, since this is what we intended, allowing several regions to be (re) discovered. I cannot over advise the potential protagonists of the next Tour not to limit their reconnaissance trips to the high mountain stages, but on the contrary, to widen their field of study"

"Cycling presents some subtleties which can also allow you to tackle arithmetic or challenge a short- sighted approach. So let us make a bet that the very significant increase in the number of time-trials will not ensure the impunity of the best riders. In any event, the climbers and « puncheurs » whose abilities are limited in this exercise know what is required of them: if they don’t attack, there will be no victories for them on the roads of the 2012 Tour. And what if it we were really doing them a favour?"

But I think his words will fall on deaf ears.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Bradley Wiggins 121 36.89%
Cadel Evans 121 36.89%
Frank Schleck 6 1.83%
Robert Gesink 12 3.66%
Vincenzo Nibali 9 2.74%
Denis Menchov 20 6.10%
Samuel Sanchez 11 3.35%
Jurgen Van Den Broeck 13 3.96%
Levi Leipheimer 4 1.22%
Alejandro Valverde 11 3.35%

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
This is going to be a fun tour :D

Wiggins was suppose to be the Favourite and Sky the superior team - love the smugness and arrogance of everyone who acts like it's his right of passage.

I look forward to history repeating itself :)

22750066.jpg

Which means Evans wins by one vote ;)

P.S. : I know I am using this meme wrong, but the image fit nicely.

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
I haven't seen many people confident Wiggins will win.

I certainly do not expect him to do so.

But I am amused at the widespread concept that 1 win in 7 attempts now means Cadel understands the secret winning recipe, and it is fanciful that someone who has not won the race yet could win it.
I dont think that we cant have a first time winner - Cadel was a first time winner last year remember

I dont think that Cadel will win because he has won before but because I believe he is the best rider and that is subjective :)

GC (Favorites, Contenders, Dark Horses)
WIGGINS Bradley SKY in 07' 20''
VAN GARDEREN Tejay BMC in 07' 23'' +3
MENCHOV Denis KAT in 07' 26'' +6
FROOME Chris SKY in 7' 29" +9
VELITS Peter OPQ in 07' 30'' +10
EVANS Cadel BMC 7' 30" +10
NIBALI Vincenzo LIQ in 07' 31'' +11
HESJEDAL Ryder GRS in 07' 31'' +11
KLÖDEN Andreas RNT in 7' 32" +12
WESTRA Lieuwe VCD in 07' 33'' +13
MOLLEMA Bauke RAB in 07' 34'' +14
BRAJKOVIC Janez AST in 07' 35'' +15
PERAUD JC ALM in 07' 36'' +16
COPPEL Jérôme SAU in 07' 38'' +18
GESINK Robert RABin 07' 39'' +19
VAN DEN BROECK Jurgen LTB in 07' 41'' +21
LEIPHEIMER Levi OPQ in 07' 41'' +21
BASSO Ivan LIQ in 07' 42'' +22
DANIELSON Thomas GRS in 07' 44'' +24
HORNER Chris RNT in 07' 47'' +27
VALVERDE Alejandro MOV in 07' 48'' +28
SCARPONI Michele LAM in 7' 50" +30
SCHLECK Frank RNT in 7' 51" +31
SANCHEZ Samuel EUS in 07' 53'' + 33
COBO Juanjo MOV in 07' 57'' +37
ROLLAND Pierre EUC in 07' 58'' +38

Winners: Wiggins, Evans, Menchov, Nibali, Hesjedal, Klöden
Losers: Schleck, Valverde, Leipheimer, VDB, Gesink

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Menchov ftw!!! :D:D:D

I don't think Menchov has ever done such a good prologue? Hoping this is an indication of things to come.

Parijs is nog ver though, but this certainly got my somewhat wavering hopes up!

TRENDING THREADS