• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the 2013 tour?

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the Tour this year?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jason_Mercier said:
Mmmm... Martin and Spilak. Have ever done something in a Grand Tour?

And where are the french climbers?
Even others like Talansky, Kwiatkowski, De Gendt or Mollema...

These names are so much better than Martin and Spilak for a three weeks race.
There's a thing called "recovery" and other known as "endurance" and Martin and Spilak dont have neither of those capacities.

IMO :D

De Gendt has been struggling with his knee and position the entire season. He now claims to be sick (for the bazillionth time this year) as an explanation why he finished 15 minutes behind the peloton in the Dauphiné.

Obviously he is just bull****ting everyone and he will kick *** and take names. WHY ISN'T HE IN THE POLL!!!11! You could have left the guy out that finished 4th in his last two TDF finishes!!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Martin is a better climber than talansky there is no question, this year there aren't 100km of TT, and one of the TTs is half climbing. This year the course has more MTFs than last year (last year was quite horrible). These two may be dual leaders going in, but I'm tipping Martin to come out on top over 3 weeks.

I can't argue with me not putting in Mollema, Rolland and whoever goes as Astana's, radioshack's number one, as are all about the same level as Martin IMHO, Spilak...look for the surprise, well if he weren't working for Rodriguez :p

If you are looking for anyone outside of my top 6 to win, I think all will agree you're dreaming.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
karlboss said:
Martin is a better climber than talansky there is no question, this year there aren't 100km of TT, and one of the TTs is half climbing. This year the course has more MTFs than last year (last year was quite horrible). These two may be dual leaders going in, but I'm tipping Martin to come out on top over 3 weeks.

I can't argue with me not putting in Mollema, Rolland and whoever goes as Astana's, radioshack's number one, as are all about the same level as Martin IMHO, Spilak...look for the surprise, well if he weren't working for Rodriguez :p

If you are looking for anyone outside of my top 6 to win, I think all will agree you're dreaming.

Ivan"TURBO DIESEL"Basso

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
karlboss said:
The way I see it the favourites are
Froome, Contador *****
Rodriguez****
Porte, Quintana, Valverde ***
TJVG, Evans, JVDB, Martin, Spilak**

Honestly i'd pretty much put my house on someone from the top 6 taking it. The others are there to get to 10 names. Is there someone I've missed? Is there a periero in the field?

Would love to see spilak and Martin do well, i think martin will go top 5, but i don't think he has the same chance at winning as say valverde if that makes sense.

lol that list is bad from the bottom rider's, no Schleck?(he will be top 10 at least) and no Pinot and Rolland who in a ITT heavy GT came in the top 10, and you have Martin, Spilak ahead of them, i bet even TJVG dont finish ahead of Pinot and Rolland. Same with Evans.

TANK91 said:
lol that list is bad from the bottom rider's, no Schleck?(he will be top 10 at least) and no Pinot and Rolland who in a ITT heavy GT came in the top 10, and you have Martin, Spilak ahead of them, i bet even TJVG dont finish ahead of Pinot and Rolland. Same with Evans.

Save your money don't bet. Although I agree about Martin and Spilak. Martin only looks good in the mountains when he has broken away on his own before the bunch catches him. Spilak could do a top 10 at best. Rolland and Pinot are always going to do something and Andy, well who knows. He only looks good in the Tour but this year even that may not happen. Hard to tell with him as he never tries too hard in the earlier races and he is coming back from injury. I would be surprised if he made the top 5. Top 10 possible if he has improved over the past few months. VG and Evans could go either way depending on how aggressive the early mountain stages are. Same with Valverde, Hesjedal and maybe Porte. if Contador and Froome explode the race, time gaps will happen early in the race.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
karlboss said:

1. When Martin has climb near Contador or Rodríguez being a GC contender? So why is Martin better climber than AT? Because of the breakway of Port Ainé? Dont make me laugh. Vallter 2000, this is his real level.

2. I am tired to read the same about the 2012 TDF. Do you want me telling u something? Okay, THE 2012 TDF MOUNTAIN STAGES WERE SO MUCH TOUGH THAN THE ONES OF THIS EDITION. Stages finished in the top dont mean more mountain.

3. Martin is at the same level of Rolland or Pinot in the climbs... Uh yeahhh, of course Martin could win in Alpe d'Huez and La Toussuire in only two years... or Martin could even win 4 mountain stages in one month at his second year as a professional... or a supertough medium mountain stage in his first TDF... even being the strongest in the queen one of the Alps.

You like the Irish, and it's OK. But come back to reality, mate:p

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Christopher Froome in all shine of British colors vs Alberto Contador in all impregnable strength of his GT seriЕs... I think Froome will win by 2-2 30'.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Pulpstar said:
Tommorow will provide the first big clue for the Tour.

Froome.

Contador

Porte.

A delicious running order.

I heard that they start every minute, even the top-20. It would be hilarious if Porte overtakes Contador, the forum would explode.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
1 minute? Oh dear

gty_woman_fainted_thg_120228_wblog.jpg

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Porte was a very good tter before sky. If he beats Contador by 1 minute or more its no big deal.

When he starts climbing with Contador, thats when the forum should go ape ****.

You know that he was sabotaging the 2011 season not worse than anyone else.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
boringboy said:
I voted Contador but still have doubts over his form and team, worried Froome/Porte might be too strong.

It's porte and froome show in ITT. It's their race too loose. I won't expect too much for contador. maybe like his world itt last year. *i hope he proved me wrong*

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
Go Birdsong!!
This is going to be a couple of boooring weeks as an Astana fan... :eek:
Hopefully we can see a AC in 11 form that can attack the dawg

Who are you trying to fool? You know deep inside that Fuglsang and Brajkovic are gonna devastate the Skyborgs :D

Otherwise there is always youtube to rewatch the Giro ;)

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Contador will be fine by the Tour. Look, if Andy Schleck can get a 2nd place in the 2011 Tour with his lack of form in the Tour of Switzerland that year, surely Contador can soft pedal the Dauphine and win the tour - it is not like Contador rode the Giro and is seriously spent. I say he is pacing himself ;) and hiding his spectacular form.

TRENDING THREADS