• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who wins Giro 2014?

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who wins Giro 2014?

• Other/Rujano/Cisse De Greef

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Stetina, Velits, Atapuma? On paper not a very bad climbing squad, although not a great one either.

A tour squad with TJVG, Atapuma, Stetina, Velits, Moinard, Cummings, Burghardt, Gilbert, GVA will be very handy though.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I think today's stage in Romadie will tell alot about Roche's position going into the Giro, hes shown so far that he is willing to attack which has always been his best strategy. I think top 10 is possible but a stage win but probably be a better result and then be in top form going into the Tour. I think Cunego's best days are well and truly behind him.

Amsterdam said:
Who is gonna win the points jersey? The system has changed so it has to be a sprinter who gets it. Kittel is going home before the mountains, Matthews wants do the Tour, Bouhanni is also still hoping for a Tour selection I guess so I think they will abandon as well. That leaves Swift, EBH, Nizzolo, Viviani, Ferrari and Farrar? Who's gonna win it?

Purito will win it.

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Amsterdam said:
Who is gonna win the points jersey? The system has changed so it has to be a sprinter who gets it. Kittel is going home before the mountains, Matthews wants do the Tour, Bouhanni is also still hoping for a Tour selection I guess so I think they will abandon as well. That leaves Swift, EBH, Nizzolo, Viviani, Ferrari and Farrar? Who's gonna win it?
Don't forget Colbrelli, he's an italian so he won't abandon i think and he is good at uphill sprints

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
greenedge said:
I think Gilbert has said he doesn't want to ride the TDF :(- butif thats the case hopefully he rides Poland:)

Phinney wants to ride the TDF too.

Completely forgot Phinney, he'll probably be in too.

Gilbert might be persuaded by the sponsors though.