• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wigans quote watch

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

taiwan said:
What point are you trying to make?

thats there doesnt always have to be a point, there is a point to being pointless sometimes, its easier that way.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
thats there doesnt always have to be a point, there is a point to being pointless sometimes, its easier that way.

So was there any point in posting that, then? I would suggest otherwise.

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
Your post is only telling someone elses post that their post is pointless which really is a pointless post in itself!

Okay, lets break this down:
1. I didn't tell anyone else's "post" anything. I wrote a comment to someone who posts here, but I did not address a "post." I addressed a person.

2. My post had a point, and that point was that progressor rarely if ever posts anything of substance in regards to cycling.

3. I used the word "useless" not "pointless." Go to Websters to discern the difference.

4. Therefore you fail on three counts, which means ironically, that you have no point because your basis is erroneous. Dang.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Okay, lets break this down:
1. I didn't tell anyone else's "post" anything. I wrote a comment to someone who posts here, but I did not address a "post." I addressed a person.

2. My post had a point, and that point was that progressor rarely if ever posts anything of substance in regards to cycling.

3. I used the word "useless" not "pointless." Go to Websters to discern the difference.

4. Therefore you fail on three counts, which means ironically, that you have no point because your basis is erroneous. Dang.

You have four good points, but really, arguing endlessly about the value of peoples posts is useless.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
dimspace said:

Your avatar makes that clear :D

(and before you decide that I am slighting your avatar, I am merely commenting on it's physical shape)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
cyclopeon said:
Your avatar makes that clear :D

(and before you decide that I am slighting your avatar, I am merely commenting on it's physical shape)
It's a pic of Brad Wigans
taiwan said:
Posting only to announce that I have posted pointlessly? There's no point.

There's no point telling me that my post is pointless because that would be pointless.

Telling a poster that they always post without any substance is going to cause them to react and post something pointless and without substance again!

I understand the difference between useless and pointless. Still they are synonyms as they are almost the same.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
fabian02.jpg

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
@Dimspace

ok.. why are you quoting my tweets, and actually, lets keep what conversations i have with freinds on twitter off this forum, i aint lance or brad or someone, stop it now please.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
ok.. why are you quoting my tweets, and actually, lets keep what conversations i have with freinds on twitter off this forum, i aint lance or brad or someone, stop it now please.

um Sorry Dim but what makes you so special that your Tweets (I vomited in my mouth a little writing that word) can't be posted on forums? Because you aren't a famous althete?

You are putting the comments out there on the worldwide domain and has been demonstrated here, they are then fodder for complete disection (and in most cases misinterpretation to support some crackpot theory).

A

Anonymous

Martin318is said:
um Sorry Dim but what makes you so special that your Tweets (I vomited in my mouth a little writing that word) can't be posted on forums? Because you aren't a famous althete?

You are putting the comments out there on the worldwide domain and has been demonstrated here, they are then fodder for complete disection (and in most cases misinterpretation to support some crackpot theory).

Because i think, we can all be quoted on what we say here, on this forum, but what we say outside of here, be it on twitter, personal facebooks or in the pub with freinds, should be kept completely seperate. If i have something i wish to say I will say it here, I dont particularly appreciate my twitter comments being brough onto this forum, especially when its a non relevant comment to a freind. What next, my facebook gets copied and pasted. No, i think we all deserve some sort of respect. THats annoyed me. Kinda goes against the whole point of the thread really doesnt it.

Whatever.. ive made my twitter private. **** it..

Ive given up caring. Im done with this place.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well, yeah it does go against the point of the thread. The quotes from Brad are coming from his Twitter (bleargh) account and have been ripped to shreds. His Twitter is public because he set it that way and apparently this means it is fine to use them in any context we see fit - relevant or not.

You have taken the appropriate action (going private) given that you don't want your Tweets (brurp) discussed in the forums.

I was just highlighting the double standard of your post given your emotional tone.

Lets get back to the Bradisms eh?

dimspace said:
Because i think, we can all be quoted on what we say here, on this forum, but what we say outside of here, be it on twitter, personal facebooks or in the pub with freinds, should be kept completely seperate. If i have something i wish to say I will say it here, I dont particularly appreciate my twitter comments being brough onto this forum, especially when its a non relevant comment to a freind. What next, my facebook gets copied and pasted. No, i think we all deserve some sort of respect. THats annoyed me. Kinda goes against the whole point of the thread really doesnt it.

Whatever.. ive made my twitter private. **** it..

Ive given up caring. Im done with this place.

Jeebus. Quit being a *** and cowboy the fck up. No wonder you have issues. You constructed a public, online persona across multiple sites with the same username. How can you expect different areas not to bleed into each other?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I gotta stick up for Dim here. You guys are being absolutely brutal to the guy.

The guy is a real fan. He digs the sport. He is not some clueless troll. Yes, the "Wigan" joke is funny and goofing on each other can make a forum more fun but sometimes it goes overboard. I don't think any of us have the cajones to post a picture of ourselves in a elf costume, Dim did.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
RR - I am not saying its cool to attack Dim about what he has put in public elsewhere.

What I am saying is: What does it say about us as humans on an internet forum if we are happy to absolutely shred the public persona of someone like a professional cyclist when at the same time we think we shouldn't do the same to anyone else who is NOT famous?

I mean I have no idea about the elf photo you speak of but does anyone fail to recall the Armstrong Halloween photo?

Saying someone wants that type of publicity because they want to be famous is a crock. Anyone that posts to public social networking sites is by definition wanting to communicate with as many people as possible. They have to take the good with the bad.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Martin318is said:
RR - I am not saying its cool to attack Dim about what he has put in public elsewhere.

What I am saying is: What does it say about us as humans on an internet forum if we are happy to absolutely shred the public persona of someone like a professional cyclist when at the same time we think we shouldn't do the same to anyone else who is NOT famous?

I mean I have no idea about the elf photo you speak of but does anyone fail to recall the Armstrong Halloween photo?

Saying someone wants that type of publicity because they want to be famous is a crock. Anyone that posts to public social networking sites is by definition wanting to communicate with as many people as possible. They have to take the good with the bad.

I assume you are talking about Armstrong. He has provided more then enough ammunition for his own shredding....what has Dim done?

TRENDING THREADS