• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wiggins, Clinic respect?

Page 67 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
That's not what he's saying. Team Wiggins is a U23 UCI Continental team, they focus on racing primarily in Europe e.g. they don't even ride the Tour Series domestically to develop those riders abroad. Obviously for ASO TdeY the wildcard criteria are not clear. For ToB the wildcard process is based on a relatively a straightforward qualification process only and they don't qualify for that anyway.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

samhocking said:
That's not what he's saying. Team Wiggins is a U23 UCI Continental team, they focus on racing primarily in Europe e.g. they don't even ride the Tour Series domestically to develop those riders abroad. Obviously for ASO TdeY the wildcard criteria are not clear. For ToB the wildcard process is based on a relatively a straightforward qualification process only and they don't qualify for that anyway.

In 2016, Wiggins entered the Tour De Yorkshire with his team and dropped out in the first stage. WIGGINS was not invited to the 2017 or 2018 Tour de Yorkshire.

Team Wiggins is a UCI Continental team.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

ebandit said:
team wiggins is a UCI continental team with the explicit goal of developing young british riders

instead of seeking opportunity for snide comment which has absolutely nothing to do with doping

surely praise for brad doing something for our sport would be more appropriate

Mark L

Oh dear, a fan i see.

Oh well i take Wiggins as i see him. A doper who started a charity and used the money for a rugby team and to wine and dine his pals.

Snide is deserved for such a huge C**t.

Wiggo! Juicey! :cool:

2f0af7t.jpg

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
Wiggo's lost his marbles, if he ever had them to begin with.

"Package that never was"?? That's a new angle. Not even the Dark Knight SDB himself tried to deny that the package actually existed. Obviously Wiggins is keen to rewrite history.

Mamil said:

"Package that never was"?? That's a new angle. Not even the Dark Knight SDB himself tried to deny that the package actually existed. Obviously Wiggins is keen to rewrite history.
On the broadcast they seemed to be suggesting it was an envelope rather than a jiffy bag - maybe that is what is meant by "Package that never was"

Eyeballs Out said:
Mamil said:

On the broadcast they seemed to be suggesting it was an envelope rather than a jiffy bag - maybe that is what is meant by "Package that never was"

Well a Jiffy bag is just a padded envelope, so not sure what new angle they think this brings to it :confused:

The vast majority of riders keep omerta out of self-preservation, keeping their earnings, keeping their legacy, not wanting to get their friends and colleagues in trouble, keeping their options open for a possible media gig down the line etc.

Wiggins is the one guy who's enough of a loose cannon that you could imagine him brooding in his house on a Saturday night, sinking a couple of bottles of wine, rerunning old conflicts in his head, and going online and burning the whole thing down.

Sounded like Wiggins is making a documentary once legally all the people 'bricking it' can be kept at arm's length. Remember this is about Sutton not getting his range rover and then Collins and his hacks V Sky Corp. The jiffy bag is just spin off of what Sutton says. The only people that are not in Wiggins group now is Sutton. Freeman, Brailsford and Wiggins are not part of this story just cross fire.

Better to watch it in full really as those snippets are taking out of context a bit. He sounds perfectly lucid to me and normal Wiggins too. At least he's backing up what he said he will do. Some heads are gonna fall, that's pretty obvious, the real story clearly hasn't been told yet apart from Sutton's which clearly had a separate agenda for whistelblowing this in the first place.

Dr Freeman seems, to me, to be the obvious person "bricking it". We still don't know why the doc was stopped from getting a TUE for Wiggo at TdB 2013 and for what.

SDB has also some questions to answer e.g. why was he so "driven to brink of quitting" after Lance's chat with Oprah? (ironic really as Sky are now a carbon copy of USPS)

Just making a bigger fool of himself with more promises of leaking everything and making it all look like he's the only innocent one and yet never actually leaking anything of any worth. He's the one who got all the credit for his victories. Only the fanbois will believe it. Eh Sam.

Re:

Robert5091 said:
Dr Freeman seems, to me, to be the obvious person "bricking it". We still don't know why the doc was stopped from getting a TUE for Wiggo at TdB 2013 and for what.

SDB has also some questions to answer e.g. why was he so "driven to brink of quitting" after Lance's chat with Oprah? (ironic really as Sky are now a carbon copy of USPS)

They are still friends. Wiggins fully supports what Freeman has said so far publicly.
The people bricking will be Collins and his hacks and UKAD, possibly the hack side will stretch to a national/federation interest I feel.

Re: Re:

samhocking said:
Robert5091 said:

They are still friends. Wiggins fully supports what Freeman has said so far publicly.
The people bricking will be Collins and his hacks and UKAD, possibly the hack side will stretch to a national/federation interest I feel.

Collins is not bricking it. The report uncovered some very interesting facts about Team Sky / British Cycling overlap with the use of public money.

Probably should add that Wiggins does tend to embellish a lot, more bark than bite. He is an angry man. Grain of salt when it comes to Wiggins and his lies.

DCMS simply took various statements ready known and fabricated what they wanted to hear and UKAD needed them to hear too. Why didn't Collins simply ask Wiggins anything until 24 hours before publishing his report and only ask him in writing? Why were 5 people's statements not included in the report whatsoever? Why is so much omitted yet so much fabricated too. Collins is bricking it, he fabricated the report and there is a story not yet told. We now know about Sutton and DCMS didn't state any of that in the report either. Why was that?

Re:

samhocking said:
DCMS simply took various statements ready known and fabricated what they wanted to hear and UKAD needed them to hear too. Why didn't Collins simply ask Wiggins anything until 24 hours before publishing his report and only ask him in writing? Why were 5 people's statements not included in the report whatsoever? Why is so much omitted yet so much fabricated too. Collins is bricking it, he fabricated the report and there is a story not yet told. We now know about Sutton and DCMS didn't state any of that in the report either. Why was that?

Seriously Sam?

There is no evidence of fabrication from the DCMS. Are you making things up again? However there is certainly a lot of evidence of Brailsford lying, attempting to blame other teams, Emma Pooley amongst others to cover his tracks.

You know this already.

Patient-doctor confidentiality was thrown around at one time, and according to https://cyclingtips.com/2016/10/uka...l-doctor-to-reveal-nature-of-medical-package/
According to The Times, Freeman has not yet told figures at the top of British Cycling about the contents of the package. UKAD has confirmed to the newspaper that it has ‘no regulatory authority’ to compel him to give that information to its investigators.

So Freeman can say it was band-aids and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

"Eventually I will get my say and there is a lot to say. It's going to shock a few people."

This is what Wiggins has previously said about what would happen after the investigation was complete. He never did say anything of the sort.

Yet he is now threatening the same again. I think it is simply a strongly veiled message to others to zip it or he will spill more of the beans.

Re:

ontheroad said:
"Eventually I will get my say and there is a lot to say. It's going to shock a few people."

This is what Wiggins has previously said about what would happen after the investigation was complete. He never did say anything of the sort.

Yet he is now threatening the same again. I think it is simply a strongly veiled message to others to zip it or he will spill more of the beans.

I expect Sky's lawyers also have Wiggo on speed dial. :D

TRENDING THREADS