• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wiggins Discussion thread.

Page 119 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Angliru said:
Of course when a certain rider that you detest states that he is/was sick during a stage race, you categorize that as an "excuse" not as an explanation. Your reasoning being that he's not giving his opponents credit for their succcess against him in that particular instance and using his being sick as a way to minimize his rival's victory.

Can we also categorize you as an anti -------- maniac?

I don't belittle a rider capacities. Never. If you talk about Contador in the 2011 Tour, we discussed it million times and I was always saying he performed better than I expected. In the Pyrenees he showed his objective level, given the Giro. When Contador won the Fuente de stage, I congratulated the fans and said it was an outstanding raid. One doesn't want to tell about fans who wrote 'it's not cycling' when Wiggins won his time trials in the Tour. As to the stage 3 or 4 of this Giro, if you really presume that healthy Wiggins can drop from a 40 guys pack at 3-4% slopes, while the group was riding in a very lenient rhythm, we see different races.

Even Wiggins who we have today looks more winning podium card than Uran and most people would agree with this.

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
zalacain said:
No they just use the same bedding and pillows every day. Keep them in the baggage hold of the bus and let the germs marinate nicely becxause they never get aired properly like the bedding does in a decent hotel.

Well, they do say they launder the bedding every day so this is unlikely to be a factor.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
hfer07 said:
What a piece of Sh!t Wiggo is!!!:mad:

Rigo stated clearly he would honor his role and confirmed to the public his will to help Wiggo-- Wouldn't be appropriate from Bradley to say the least he's grateful to receive the news & will be willing to repay his work if things won't work as planned initially???:confused::mad: Instead he now feels the hit of what everyone sees clearly & yet refuses to give up his position-even if the entire team sinks in their bid for a podium spot? I guess as long as everyone pleases "Sir BW's wishes.....:mad:

I think Rigo might have to take back those words about Froome-because seems clear to me who's the real P.R.A.T. !!!

What did Wiggins say wrong? Could anyone explain to me, please?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
JRanton said:
What Wiggins said is actually true though (the comments about Uran being inconsistent), but yes, certainly you'd hope a teammate wouldn't express those words in public.

wiggins sais he's inconsistant in timetrials. well wigigns coveniently "forgets" that it's a mountain itt and uran is always consistantl;y great on them. also wiggins has had more weak days so far this giro than uran had the entire giro last year

wwabbit said:
Shouldn't be too hard to see if he's lying about being ill. If he isn't lying, his performance should improve in the 3rd week once the cold is cleared.

If the weather forecast is accurate then I'd say it's pretty unlikely that his performance/health will improve. Much more likely that a DNF is on the cards at this stage.

He's not lying about the cold, because you could hear in his voice in a interview he did with Sky on the rest day that he had one. Knees has also had one but I don't think any of them have had Cataldo's illness yet. There's a lot of sickness/illness in the peloton at this stage, not just Sky.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Franklin said:
I don't think anyone is able to explain this to you if you fail to see it now.
I see nothing criminal in 'I'll try to do the Giro Tour double and 'The Giro is not over for me in GC'. What else? If you see, you are very partial to him.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
airstream said:
I see nothing criminal in 'I'll try to do the Giro Tour double and 'The Giro is not over for me in GC'. What else? If you see, you are very partial to him.

Airstream, you will never realize you quote the least important parts and ignore the problematic part.

Clearly, you are incapable to undertsnad the problem as it has been pointed out may times (and it really doesn't need to be pointed out).

It's okay, let's drop it.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Franklin said:
Airstream, you will never realize you quote the least important parts and ignore the problematic part.

Clearly, you are incapable to undertsnad the problem as it has been pointed out may times (and it really doesn't need to be pointed out).

It's okay, let's drop it.

You will never reach the verge of objective reality because you prefer to dwell between dislike and desire to criticize because you dislike. What is the problem is the question anyone Wiggo-neutral won't be able to answer.

Why am I incapable? I know less than you or anyone else? I don't think so. You are entitled to consider the smartest on the forum surely. But don't make fool out of me. It's very a fatuous policy.

At risk of interrupting a clinic type discussion, is it not most likely that Brad is trying to keep options open for the benefit of the team?
If all eggs are in 1 basket, then its much easier for Nibali Evans & co to deal with.....if they are kept guessing, then the chances for Sky as a team are better?
Or is that just too obvious?

coinneach said:
At risk of interrupting a clinic type discussion, is it not most likely that Brad is trying to keep options open for the benefit of the team?
If all eggs are in 1 basket, then its much easier for Nibali Evans & co to deal with.....if they are kept guessing, then the chances for Sky as a team are better?
Or is that just too obvious?

Why would Nibaili be guessing? He's leading in a position of strength.

What does he care?

Ryo Hazuki said:
wiggins sais he's inconsistant in timetrials. well wigigns coveniently "forgets" that it's a mountain itt and uran is always consistantl;y great on them. also wiggins has had more weak days so far this giro than uran had the entire giro last year

Ryo is right on this. 3 years ago uran was working for the pink -arroyo but had a go in the kronplatz tt and came behind only Nibali basso Evans garzelli scarponi- 5/4 gt winners and Gadret. had he even turned 23 yet?

This tt is not as steep but its still uphill.

Wiggins that year went for the prologue, went for the final tt but didn't bother with the kronplatz so clearly his tt skills aren't as valuable in the mtt, especially since position doesn't matter that much. Its more his pure climbing power and perhaps ability to pace himself- though the rest of the gc guys are just as good at that, than the flat tt skills that won him eze and crans last year. He seems to have less of that power this year and at 6% rather than 4 this climb seems to be slightly more of a challenge.

On this form there is no reason to expect wiggins to put more time into uran in those 12or whatever km, than uran can get on say Tre cime. On this form anyway. If he really does have his 2012 form hidden under coa that's a different story.

To put uran down like that In the press though is a little cheap, and if what we've seen so far is his real form, a tad desperate

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
airstream said:
You will never reach the verge of objective reality because you prefer to dwell between dislike and desire to criticize because you dislike. What is the problem is the question anyone Wiggo-neutral won't be able to answer.

Why am I incapable? I know less than you or anyone else? I don't think so. You are entitled to consider the smartest on the forum surely. But don't make fool out of me. It's very a fatuous policy.

There is no need seeking conflict where it does not hide, not a soul is comparing you to a fool or disparage between a rider who is liked or disliked modestly.

Wiggo has placed Uran in negative which serves no team a boon despite Uran enduring loyalty to the Sir leader in trouble. Rather than call Mayday Mayday riders of the same team should practice unity for strength lies within.