• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

114th Paris-Roubaix - UCI World Tour (10/4-2016)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kwibus said:
Its going to be sunny with 14celsius. Perfect racing weather.
Today it's raining, but not a lot. So all it does is take the dust away. Easiest conditions tomorrow unfortunately.

Also 3bft from the southeast.
So that means wind mostly in the back (?), hopefully makes offensive a bit easier.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Aww looks like the roads aren't going to be muddy. I was hoping at least they would still be wet from the rain today, but alas, with sun, a decent temperature and not too much rain today it looks like it won't be. At least they don't have headwind and with the aggressive racing in the classics so far this season I am expecting an open race. If perchance the roads are still wet and muddy, Boom and Styby will have to duke it out, otherwise I reckon Cance is the overwhelming favourite as long as they give him some sleeping medication this night.

Stybar also has some health issues

oo9plDz.jpg

I'm not even mad if this will be an easy edition. I can't watch live so its more likely to see all the action in the "final kilometer" videos afterwards. Nevertheless I have to say that its kind of annoying that for the second year in a row there is rain on the Saturday and perfect conditions on Sunday so there is neither mud nor dust.

Re: Re:

Echoes said:
therhodeo said:
BigMac said:
Lars van der Haar.

The Rest.

I had to look at the start list. :p

Lars van der Haar ‏@larsvanderhaar
Due to injury of @ZicoWaeytens I'll start my first Paris-Roubaix this Sunday. Gonna be a special feeling to do that race. New experience!

57kg on Arenberg! If he reaches the Velodrome, Quintana has no excuse. Kom aan Lars! We love you, guy. :)

Yes! :D

Pantani_lives said:
trevim said:
I'll root for Vanmarcke, he's a true flandrien and it'll be a good race if he wins :)
He's too good to not win Flanders or Roubaix at least once in his career. Two things keep him from winning: he doesn't have a sprint and he doesn't have a team.
Regarding the sprint, he can always attack. Roubaix is such a weird race that I always have hope that he can find some good timing to place a deadly attack. Not likely, not easy but not impossible.

About his team, probably only Wynants, Tjallingii, Wagner and Teunissen are decent at this level. I would try to put any of them in the breakaway otherwise I fear Sep will be isolated right after Arenberg.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Looking forward to reading the live ticker for this and tuning in for the last 10 or so km to see the sprint

hope we won't have RoubaixPrijs this year - Degenkolb/Demare out, Kristoff not that brilliant (and let's not forget that he can do more than one trick), and Spartacus/Sep/Etixx/Sky (and even Sagan) cannot rely on sprint

trevim said:
Pantani_lives said:
trevim said:
I'll root for Vanmarcke, he's a true flandrien and it'll be a good race if he wins :)
He's too good to not win Flanders or Roubaix at least once in his career. Two things keep him from winning: he doesn't have a sprint and he doesn't have a team.
Regarding the sprint, he can always attack. Roubaix is such a weird race that I always have hope that he can find some good timing to place a deadly attack. Not likely, not easy but not impossible.

About his team, probably only Wynants, Tjallingii, Wagner and Teunissen are decent at this level. I would try to put any of them in the breakaway otherwise I fear Sep will be isolated right after Arenberg.

Yes, without bad luck he will certainly finish close, but winning is so hard. His name would look good on the victory list!

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

Mayomaniac said:
robin440 said:
they should make the cobbles artificially wet. haha
We should pay a few local firefighters to do that, let's start a kickstarter for 2017 Paris-Roubaix. :cool:

Here you go!

WetRoubaix

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/166230471/1010065446

--

And this is for 2016! I live now in France, not that far from the race, and it's not that impossible to make at least one accessible (not Arenberg) cobbled section a bit wet/muddy tomorrow morning (with a little help of my friends).