• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2011 Tour de France Stage 11: Blaye-les-Mines Lavaur 167.5 km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 25, 2010
Visit site
Machu Picchu said:
Old news but it seems that Flecha was just plain angry after that stage and who could blame him, I don't think Voeckler did anything wrong and he did wait on occasions besides he was chasing yellow ;)

Voeckler accelerated away after the crash - it was only 15-20 seconds afterwards did he slow down for the other 2 riders.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Machu Picchu said:
Old news but it seems that Flecha was just plain angry after that stage and who could blame him, I don't think Voeckler did anything wrong and he did wait on occasions besides he was chasing yellow ;)

So was Contador ;)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I hope Gilbert attacks at the hill before the intermediate sprint and goes downhill like a Falco:p

Or in a breakaway. Would be cool to see Phil and Rojas in a breakaway this Tour to put HTC under stress.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
I hope Gilbert attacks at the hill before the intermediate sprint and goes downhill like a Falco:p

Or in a breakaway. Would be cool to see Phil and Rojas in a breakaway this Tour to put HTC under stress.

I highly doubt that will happen, although it could be interesting

Carstenbf said:
Wth?! Actually expected him to stop and wait for the peloton?

He looked around a couple of times to see where they were. It would have been to his advantage to wait for them for a short period, because it would have been easier for the break with 2 extra pairs of legs doing turns. He couldn't wait for ever though, because the peleton would have caught him. I don't think he did anything that any other rider wouldn't have done.

El Pistolero said:

He'll attack on the hill, for sure, and probably take the maximum points on offer that the breakaway guys have left.

No way will HTC let him and Rojas go in a breakaway, unless it's a brainless solo one like yesterday's.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
King Of The Wolds said:
He'll attack on the hill, for sure, and probably take the maximum points on offer that the breakaway guys have left.

No way will HTC let him and Rojas go in a breakaway, unless it's a brainless solo one like yesterday's.

Breakaway this Tour, not this stage :p

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The weather could play a big role for the green jersey battle on this stage by the way.

Anyhow:

2002: 189 starters, 5 withdrawals due to crashes, 2.65% attrition
2003: 198 starters, 6 withdrawals due to crashes, 3.03% attrition
2004: 188 starters, 10 withdrawals due to crashes, 5.32% attrition
2005: 189 starters, 8 withdrawals due to crashes, 4.23% attrition
2006: 176 starters, 4 withdrawals due to crashes, 2.27% attrition
2007: 189 starters, 9 withdrawals due to crashes, 4.76% attrition
2008: 180 starters, 4 withdrawals due to crashes, 2.22% attrition
2009: 180 starters, 5 withdrawals due to crashes, 2.78% attrition
2010: 197 starters, 9 withdrawals due to crashes, 4.57% attrition
2011: 198 starters, 16 withdrawals due to crashes, 8.08% attrition

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
King Of The Wolds said:

That hill is just before the feed zone. If he attacks there he can kiss goodbye to any chance of being in future breakaways. It's not worth bothering for the sake of a couple of points.

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Tuarts said:
Voeckler accelerated away after the crash - it was only 15-20 seconds afterwards did he slow down for the other 2 riders.

Not quite, Voeckler and LuLu both accelerated away, only Casar waited but I wouldn't expect any other rider to do different except perhaps a teammate?_?

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Mambo95 said:
That hill is just before the feed zone. If he attacks there he can kiss goodbye to any chance of being in future breakaways. It's not worth bothering for the sake of a couple of points.

Doesn't Cav have enough official rules in his favour already? I say **** them. They can surely go to hell with their unofficial rules. The fact that there is a feed zone is the biggest reason why he should go.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Doesn't Cav have enough official rules in his favour already? I say **** them. They can surely go to hell with their unofficial rules. The fact that there is a feed zone is the biggest reason why he should go.

It's not a question of a rule. But if he attacks near a feed zone he's going to annoy a lot of people who may seek to take revenge later. It's just not worth it (no-one will follow him and Cav and Rojas will roll over the line in the next two places).

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Mambo95 said:
It's not a question of a rule. But if he attacks near a feed zone he's going to annoy a lot of people who may seek to take revenge later. It's just not worth it (no-one will follow him and Cav and Rojas will roll over the line in the next two places).

It's not near the feedzone if he goes on the hill. The only people ****ed would be Cav and Cav's ego.