• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France, Stage 16: Carcassonne–Bagnères-de-Luchon (237.5 Km)

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
sultanofhyd said:
I don't get the Kwiatkowski hype. He has dropped like a stone on every decent climb until now. If he could get over a HC without being dropped he wouldn't need to go in a break to get into the top 10.

Well, I think the hype comes from this stage not ending at the top of the HC.

While he may not be anywhere near an elite climber, he may be enough of a climber to hang with Rogers or stay close enough to rejoin on the downhill. And he can likely outsprint Rogers at the finish if they arrive together.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Wuyts says riders will try and attack nibali.

I officialy lost all respect i had for him, was not much anyways but wuyts is *** as **** or he's a liar.

Now he says valverde will do tomorrow an offensive LMAO

Face it wuyts, the tour was over when contador crashed. Everyone who said otherwise lied to themselves.

Miburo said:

I officialy lost all respect i had for him, was not much anyways but wuyts is *** as **** or he's a liar.

Face it wuyts, the tour was over when contador crashed. Everyone who said otherwise lied to themselves.
wuyts has lost it, i am listening to eurosport now. They are less idiots then the NOS and they aren;'t going senile like Wuyts

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
wuyts has lost it, i am listening to eurosport now. They are less idiots then the NOS and they aren;'t going senile like Wuyts

The ones of eurosport are also trash though. I like schotte with decauwer, that's the best one for dutchspeaking imo.

In general de cauwer is by far the best, not even close.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Miburo said:

The hope was that others could climb as well or maybe better then Nibali. It's not like he hasn't been distanced by others in climbes before (even guys not named Contador or Froome).

Once he crushed them on the first real mountain finish... that's when hopes of a good race pretty much ended.

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
kurtinsc said:

While he may not be anywhere near an elite climber, he may be enough of a climber to hang with Rogers or stay close enough to rejoin on the downhill. And he can likely outsprint Rogers at the finish if they arrive together.

Like gallopin or even Van Avermaet. They won't be on top of the climb but in 20 km they can come back and win at the end. Remember Hushovd destroying Roy with a gap of 2min30 on the summit.

kurtinsc said:

Spot on. The idea that one guy can drop everyone else on the descent is some ideal cycling wish fulfilment fantasy.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
difdauf said:
Like gallopin or even Van Avermaet. They won't be on top of the climb but in 20 km they can come back and win at the end. Remember Hushovd destroying Roy with a gap of 2min30 on the summit.

Rogers has to know that... so I assume he's goingo to be trying to put big gaps on everyone in the last climb. The question will be who can stay close enough to rejoin.

I don't think Van Avermaet can. Gallopin possibly could. Kwiatkowski seems like he's got a really good chance of staying close enough.

Of course he could just crash and burn... but I can understnd why people think he's got a good shot today.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I don't think Berkhout and Boogerd are trash. If it's Been and Traksel on eurosport then i tune out

Yea boogerd is good, don't know the other one. Also the ex-rider is good, the goodlooking guy, i think his name is rooseveld or something like that

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Classic Phil and Paul:

Paul: Some of these sprinters carry a 10kg penalty over the climbers.
Phil: Yes. Some of these climbers are 45 kilos, while the sprinters are 85 kilos.

Ok. 40 kilos it is. :rolleyes:

LMAO

10 char

TRENDING THREADS