• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 4: Piacenza - Sestola 186 km

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Poll?

• Yes

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 32 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, no, I agree. Favourite clearly is Bernal now, Vlasov also looks good and Landa, And I wouldn't write off Yates yet, it was a somewhat strange day. Then maybe Evenepoel. That would be my take for now.
Carthy has been 3th at the Vuelta. He has been very strong so far, so...he counts at least like those people. Yates loses 11 seconds in a dat with lot of rain.. he is for sure not out....that has no sense. Even almeida could be again on GC with a break...you never knows..But I think he is no so styrong in the moiuntains as other people. This Giro has better level than last one

May 11, 2021
Visit site
Class

TUxD1pw.png
Nice dumb that guy.

Reactions: Hihope and Froome
Juul--Jensen:
If per chance you happen to read this comment, I feel for you. I was hoping you'd pull it off and take the stage win; but nevertheless, that was one hell of a ride. Bravo.

I was so hoping he'd win! I might be slightly biased here, but I also just generally loves it when a domestique goes and naps a big win.

Everyone else in the GC: Moving up, or down, like crazy.

Vlasov: I like 7th. 7th is a good placing!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Stage 4 results (procyclingstats.com)

We probably shouldn't make too many assesements based on this stage alone. Some riders might have been more affected by the weather than others, and if they only lost 11-44 seconds it could have been worse. We should have a clearer picture after Thursday's stage. Hindley wasn't a world-beater in the beginning last year's Giro, but he obviously wasn't a team leader at that point either.

I was so hoping he'd win! I might be slightly biased here, but I also just generally loves it when a domestique goes and naps a big win.

Everyone else in the GC: Moving up, or down, like crazy.

Vlasov: I like 7th. 7th is a good placing!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Stage 4 results (procyclingstats.com)
Also probably the only time that you'll see Bettiol loosing one place on the gc while arriving in the same group as Remco and Yates on a MTF.

TRENDING THREADS