• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2024 Giro d'Italia route rumours

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If you ignore Pogacar, you also need to ignore the favourite going into that Giro (i.e. Carapaz). Moreover, Nibali was just about finished, Bilbao has never been close to podiuming a GT and Hindley was not even seen as a threat for even a podium at the time. Especially without the benefit of hindsight, this field looks less weak.
2022 field also had MAL, Simon Yates and Almeida and all of them were legit podium contenders.
2024 definitely has much weaker field so far.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
If Pogacar takes pink on stage 2 then it'll be difficult to give it away with flat stages that follow then the gravel stage (6) and then the ITT on 7, so Mikkel "I've got a beautiful wife" Bjerg will be a busy man (maybe another guy to help on the flat might be needed).
Do you think his challengers will put the pink in that much pressure? Yes, I know it should. But will it?

TRENDING THREADS